Wilton Brands LLC ("Wilton") has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life's many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success Brands, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
This position requires strong payroll knowledge and analytical skills, along with the ability to exercise judgment for the purpose of executing payroll processes. Serve as the payroll resource for hourly and salary employees in the areas of pay check computations, compensation, benefit deductions, tax calculations, etc. Ensure compliance of established payroll policies and procedures.
- Process weekly payroll for over 300 hourly staff and bi-weekly payroll for approx. 60 staff members in Canada; reconcile payroll results
- Maintain complete and accurate payroll files and maintain confidentiality of timekeeping and payroll information
- Enter relevant employee information into payroll system including audit and/or process new hires, pay rates, employment status, position titles, deductions, W4, direct deposit etc.
- Execute payroll related record-keeping activities, making timesheet adjustments, troubleshooting payroll issues, reviewing annual W-2s, etc.
- Track and audit all benefit arrears for accuracy of accumulation and recovery after employee returns to work
- Process wage garnishments, child supports & tax levies according to established standards (Multiple States, knowledge on state and federal handling)
- Manage wage verifications
- Process stop payment requests and research/reissue checks as necessary; Create manual check requests as necessary
- Assist in training managers on the timekeeping system
- Act as primary interface with all employees regarding all payroll-related services
- Research and problem solve issues as they arise; Identify errors and fully execute the process to correct the errors
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management (i.e. alpha listings of employees, termination listings of employees, etc.)
- Conduct research and make recommendations related to multi-state payroll tax compliance issues including interfacing with third-party payroll tax filing service
- Knowledgeable in policies and procedures for employees at multiple locations
- Develop techniques to improve the efficiency and accuracy of time reporting and payroll-related processes and procedures, and create/maintain documentation of the payroll process
- Participate in process enhancement and software testing activities as current systems are upgraded or new systems are implemented
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years payroll experience, CPP preferred
- Experience with processing Canadian payroll
- Experience with ADP WFN and Enterprise eTime required
- Experience with federal, state and city payroll taxes and knowledge of labor laws pertaining to payroll.
- Multi state payroll experience and wage garnishment experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level of confidentiality and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Adaptive in a multi-tasking environment
- The ability to solve moderately complex problems, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Exercises judgment to prioritize and make decisions
- Perform with limited to moderate guidance/direction
- Make recommendations to existing processes to help streamline work and efficiency
- Accurately execute against strict deadlines, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; takes ownership for issues and sees them through from beginning to end
Physical Demands/Work Requirements:
- Indoor Office Environment, air conditioned, and well ventilated
- Work is accomplished in cubicle equipped with telephone and computer
- Ability to lift and carry 10-20lbs
- Ability to sit at desk for extended period of time
- Ability to handle paperwork and file, including lower and upper cabinets/drawers
- Ability to speak and hear via phone
- Ability to read computer screen
- Ability to walk to other departments or meeting sites
Meet Some of Wilton Brands's Employees
Warehouse Manager, Second Shift
Scott oversees the Romeoville operations facility’s night shift, ensuring every processes is executed properly in order to keep his team safe and the company on track.
Back to top