National Account Manager
We're passionate about bringing the love of baking and decorating to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Our message is simple - we know you love baking (because we do, too) and we're constantly evolving to bring you quality products that make baking and decorating fun and easy. We're not just for the decorators of wow-worthy cakes, we're for cupcake makers and cookie bakers who love to say, "I made that!"
Wilton Brands, LLC is owned by TowerBrook Capital Partners, one of the nation's leading private equity firms. Each division within Wilton Brands is known worldwide as a market leader in its specialty business. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
The National Account Manager - Seasonal will be responsible for leading and managing the sales activities for Wilton. Focusing on multiple seasonal departments within Walmart & Sam's Club. The position will be responsible for managing the sales execution of our Walmart business within those seasonal categories. This position will report to the VP Sales in Bentonville. The position will have extensive contact with Walmart and their management. Internally, the position has extensive contact working cross functionally.
- Manage and grow the seasonal businesses with emphasis on new business opportunities
- Work in team environment to provide best in class sales and service leadership
- Deliver the budgeted gross margins and sales goals for assigned business
- Create specific presentations with support from Product, Marketing, and Category Management teams to enable growth and generate new volume opportunities
- Lead all account service needs that occur daily to ensure timely follow-up of all activities
- Manage all account relationships which include account management, marketing, merchandising, promotional planning, supply chain, accounting, and customer service. Work in conjunction with and provide leadership of multiple departments to accomplish sales and service objectives
- Manage any potential account includes inventory, shipping and backorders, chargebacks and see them through to resolution
- Work with Inventory, Demand Planning and Buying on forecasting matters
- Create sales and promotional plans and programs, performing business updates and reviews with sales and product teams and management
- Achieve sales and profitability goals with the accounts based on the sales plan, while managing spending throughout the year
- Understanding of forecasting product sales based on customer and market knowledge.
- Act as liaison with Marketing to maximize sales opportunity and to apply strategic plan objectives
- Utilize, understand, and sell using POS information/reports and consumer insights data.
- Support National Trade Shows as required
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Assist with related projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5 + years related sales experience, including people and sales management experience.
- Walmart sales experience required
- Retail Link experience required
- Strong MS Office skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong presentation skills and experience with information-based selling
- Strong merchandising skills
- Category Management experience a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated; able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Naturally curious and results-driven
- Strong business acumen
- Aptitude for problem solving/quick learning
- Strong passion for both speed and simplicity
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with attention to detail
- Interpersonal savvy; an ability to effectively work with and connect with all levels of employees across multiple functions and geographies
- Ability to learn, understand and converse around key business issues
- Approachable; team-player attitude
- Critical thinker; creative problem solver; naturally curious
- General business acumen and financial aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage, and implement cross-functional processes
- A successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with retailers
- Position will be Bentonville, AR based but require travel (domestically) up to 25% of time
Back to top