Maintenance Mechanic 1
Wilton Brands LLC ("Wilton") has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life's many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success Brands, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
To work effectively with minimal supervision in the maintenance department and be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all facility buildings, grounds, fixtures, and equipment. The maintenance department is a support service group dedicated to satisfying the various needs of all other personnel in their job pursuits. As such, maintenance personnel must be willing and able to perform any and all tasks as assigned or instructed regardless of maintenance classification.
- Perform maintenance of all buildings, equipment, conveyors, racking, forklifts (dc electric) etc., general and emergency repairs, as well as preventive maintenance.
- Demonstrate a basic-level of skill in the use of hand and power tools, testing, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Limited experience in reading and interpreting schematics, building prints, and equipment manuals.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintains safe practices all times
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of maintenance experience preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA general industry standards to include but not limited to lockout/tagout; industrial powered equipment; balers; compactors
- Experienced with all forklift operations to include boom lifts and scissor lifts
- General knowledge of electricity to 480 Volts-AC, and DC low voltage controls.
- General knowledge of single-phase and three-phase motors, and controls.
- Basic plumbing skills.
- Basic carpentry skills, drywall, painting. Steel Case modular experience, a plus.
- General knowledge of HVAC systems; basic operation, controls, and adjustment
- Must have a general skill level in the use of trade tools and be able to perform all repairs in a craftsman-like manner.
- General knowledge in welding, fluid power, and pneumatics.
- General knowledge in fleet vehicle maintenance, repair and servicing.
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Technical and/or apprenticeship education a plus.
- Must be able to lift cartons weighing 70 pounds.
- Flexibility in working in all DC's, when needed, to accommodate business needs
- Distribution warehouse environment with varying temperature variations
- Use of safety steel toed shoes/boots required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to move product by lifting, pushing, bending
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and up to 70 lbs. occasionally with assistance
Back to top