International Transportation Mgr
Wilton Brands LLC ("Wilton") has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life's many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success Brands, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of import and export cargo activity, providing guidance and direction on international cargo moves, and executing strategy by aligning freight service providers with collaborative Supply Chain goals. This position will be located in Nashville, TN.
- Manage international transportation: carrier selection, establishment of SOPs, internal communication and system updates, provide guidance to carriers on day to day operations
- Create comprehensive export program that allows flexible terms and reliable movement of cargo to international customers from the United States in a cost effective, reportable, and process-driven manner.
- Establish and monitor KPI's for all international moves: ensure all cargo moves within established parameters, identify any problem areas and proactively apply appropriate solutions, escalate larger scale or pattern-forming issues, and create post-event analysis on major transit delays.
- Create end-to-end reporting across all lanes: establish metrics and work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure the reporting is functional and comprehensive, develop and maintain a scorecard to present key KPI's (including carrier/supplier performance) to internal and external stakeholders
- Implement auditing service to ensure that transportation service requirements are met and invoices are accurate.
- Issue quarterly/yearly RFPs for freight service providers; analyze areas where cost savings can be established through improved processes, provide solutions to negate/mitigate increased freight spend, and maintain updated routing/cost guides that cover all active and proposed international cargo movement.
- Provide daily direction and alignment of work activities to international transportation team.
- Other job duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business field or related experience
- 10 years' experience in import/export transportation
- Prior experience in leading teams
- MS Office proficiency (Excel, Word and Outlook) and familiarity with ERPs, preferably JDE.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet varying deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
Meet Some of Wilton Brands's Employees
Warehouse Manager, Second Shift
Scott oversees the Romeoville operations facility’s night shift, ensuring every processes is executed properly in order to keep his team safe and the company on track.
Back to top