Wilton's Journey So Far
Wilton is Heritage US brand with a 90-year history of deep baking and decorating expertise with an historic focus in the craft channel.15 years of private equity (PE) ownership caused drastic changes to the business and its culture. Acquired by Dr. Oetker (family owned German conglomerate) as an expansion into the US market, 18 months after the acquisition, Dr. Oetker and the new Leadership are looking to define the future of Wilton brands to become the most important, influential and successful cake and dessert brands in the USA.
This position reports to the Food Scientist and has no direct reports. Responsible for assisting the Food Scientist. Includes but not limited to: working cross-functionally with the US & International Consumables Product Development teams, Test Kitchen, Sourcing, Regulatory, Quality and Wilton suppliers, in the execution of developing food products that meet regulatory compliance, product commercialization, create Wilton Product Specifications, conduct shelf--life evaluations, supporting the strategic initiatives of product development and Wilton's profitable Sales growth.
• Assist in development of new food products and reformulation including on time and accurate completion of all data supporting project, aligned with Wilton's goals and strategies
• Responsible for project planning, task management, quick-to-market implementations, resource time management, meeting assigned due dates and compliance with the company's product development process.
• Work with Regulatory to ensure product formulations and suppliers are compliant with respective target market countries (Domestic & International markets).
• Assist in development of Wilton Product Specifications
• Provide project-based support for the Food Scientist and food product teams, assisting in new formula development and product commercialization, to ensure proper execution of all elements.
• Ability to execute project assigned, independently, after initial project brief review with Food Scientist
• Form strong, collaborative relationships with current and new Wilton vendors
• Collaborate with Test Kitchen, Decorating Room, Wilton School, and Product Development Teams to understand the functionality required of Wilton food products and assist in development of performance testing protocols
• Assist in conducting/monitoring product shelf-life evaluations
• Ability to source/demonstrate new ingredients to enhance the decorating of sweet treats and work with product development/sourcing/manufacturer teams incorporating ingredients in finished product
• Collaborate with Wilton Quality Team and suppliers to address food product quality issues, as needed
• Monitor trend/industry sites for ingredient opportunities and proactively share with Technical Product Development Team and product managers
• Monitor trend/industry sites for potential new supplier partners and share information with Technical Product Development Team/Wilton Sourcing for strategic evaluation and qualification
• Pro-active evaluation and participation in industry-sponsored events for new business development and continuing-education opportunities
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Culinary Science, Biology, Chemistry or a related science field
• 8 - 10 years' experience in food product development, applications, and commercialization
• MS Office, Excel proficiency, Food Regulatory Data Base tool (experience with Decermis a plus). Agile, Portfolio Net Publish, SAP a plus
• Experience with use of basic analytical lab and pilot equipment and Global food compliance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Detail-oriented, organization and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
• Pro-active, collaborative work style with enthusiasm to deliver results and passion for excellence
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on our website, please contact us at 630-810-2416 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com We will be happy to help you!
Response to COVID-19: "On behalf of all of us at Wilton Brands, we hope this update finds you well during these unprecedented times. As an iconic brand, our top priorities remain keeping our associates healthy and ensuring our ability to serve our retailers and customers. Our recruitment efforts will continue and be conducted in ways that safeguard both the health of our associates and candidates. We hope that you, your family, and your friends stay safe and healthy."
Wilton's Journey So Far