Director Product Management
We're passionate about bringing the love of baking and decorating to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Our message is simple - we know you love baking (because we do, too) and we're constantly evolving to bring you quality products that make baking and decorating fun and easy. We're not just for the decorators of wow-worthy cakes, we're for cupcake makers and cookie bakers who love to say, "I made that!"
Wilton Brands LLC ("Wilton") is owned by Dr. August Oetker KG, a privately held company based in Germany. Dr. Oetker is a global leader in the food and beverage industries. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
The Director Product Management will be responsible for building, leading and managing a defined product family as part of the overall corporate product portfolio. Responsible for managing all aspects of the product family including developing the strategy and business plan, direction of new product development, gaining cross functional alignment and driving the commercialization of the business plan. Act with an entrepreneurial spirit and manage the product family with a GM mindset. This role requires strong strategic thinking, strong leadership skills and experience in consumer-packaged goods.
- Oversee product management for assigned product family. Responsible for guiding and directing product team with a strategic and operational focus.
- Responsible for the P&L of the product family.
- Oversee profitability, life cycle management and new product introductions for product family.
- Develop a 3-year product family plan with consideration of key target market segments, strategic focus, product innovation and lifecycle roadmap.
- Conduct planning and analysis for new products, including pricing, forecasting, launches, etc.
- Lead monthly business analysis for product family including performance assessment of revenue, contribution margin, POS (IRI) for product lines within product family.
- Direct Pricing team by providing inputs for strategic pricing analysis and recommendations for optimal product pricing.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain teams to achieve on-time and on-budget of product launches.
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights to gain a deeper understanding of end-users' product needs by consumer segment; ensure product needs are being met and gain insights on unmet needs.
- Engage with Sales partners to review strategic account plans as part of the annual planning process, along with periodic updates to review off plan updates.
- Collaborate with Integrated Marketing in setting direction for marketing/sales support activities such as sale presentations, merchandising, research, promotions, etc.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain on value engineering opportunities.
- Responsible for managing departmental budget and initiating action as necessary.
- Review all off plan initiatives from sales and make recommendation for go/no go decision based on profitability, timing, strategic benefit, etc.
- Responsible for managing the temporary displayer (corrugation) budget.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop sourcing strategies to support category and product plans and financial objectives.
- Oversee team of 9 people: Product Managers, Product Developers, Associate Product Developers, Food Scientist; provide leadership, coaching and development.
- Monitor the performance of assigned team and document performance feedback.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; an MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant consumer product experience including experience participating on project oriented teams; prior industry experience is a plus but is not required.
- Proven track record to drive growth in a category.
- Food experience required (if food category).
- Experience leading teams of at least 3 people.
- Experience installing new systems and process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge business acumen in key areas: sales, gross margin, operating margin, etc., including strong financial/budget management skills.
- Highly skilled at analyzing and drawing actionable conclusions from POS data (Nielsen, IRI, SPINS)
- Excellent strategic planning and thought leadership skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills essential for market and competitive evaluation, pricing and line management.
- Ability to leverage education and experience to teach direct and indirect reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines; strong diplomatic skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Agile experience is preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Drive For Results
- Strategic Agility
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
Physical Demands/Work Requirements:
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on our website, please contact us at 630-810-2416 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will be happy to help you!
Back to top