Director of Sales - Canada
Wilton Brands LLC ("Wilton") has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life's many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success Brands, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
The Director of Sales for Canada is the lead management role for the Canadian Sales Office located in Newmarket, Ontario with P&L management responsibility. The successful candidate will be a strategic sales leader responsible for the sales strategy for the Canada business unit and managing the overall business operation.He/She will be accountable for the overall sales performance, and the development and implementation of short and long-term plans that drive profitable revenue growth in their respective channels. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in branded consumer products, and must have experience across a wide variety of channels, including Mass, Grocery, Craft, and Specialty. This individual will bring a strong set of skills in effective planning, negotiation, strategy alignment, joint business plan ownership, and will identify opportunities for new business development. The Director of Sales has responsibility for managing a team of Sales, Sales Operations, and Marketing/Product Design and Innovation employees and must have experience with product development for the Canadian market and translation/adaptation for market specific needs. This leader will be responsible for creating a results-driven, collaborative, and customer focused team through a brand of inspirational and motivational leadership.
- Directly responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for Wilton in the Canadian Market.
- P&L management responsibility for the Canadian market.
- Develop and own the sales strategy including the go to market strategy and lead the alignment of critical resources to execute strategy.
- Establish and grow strategic partnerships with key retail partners and solid, team-oriented relationships with the operations, finance, marketing, and product organizations within Wilton.
- Manage sales operations; i.e. project management, forecasting, program execution.
- Have direct, collaborative relationships with key retail partners (at the buyer level) to ensure open, strategic communication.
- Create and establish strategic advantages to bring unique channel offerings and drive consumer engagement and ultimately POS.
- Strong financial acumen demonstrating a disciplined approach to analyzing and presenting sales data and ownership of results.
- Develop strategies related to new distribution channels and new retail customers and translate them into actionable customer initiatives.
- Deliver on-time, reliable and accurate sales forecasts and sales reports.
- Monitor and understand the competitive environment at all times, and provide feedback to company's cross-functional partners and leadership team.
- Establish clear performance expectations, including detailed account plans and metrics that instill a high performance-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Provide inspiring leadership, coaching and development of the team to support individual and aligned business objectives and personal development.
- Provide the appropriate organizational structure, people management, development and leadership that will result in collaboration, creativity, accountability, efficiency and strengthened customer relations.
- Provide opportunities to develop and build key skills with sales associates to ensure continuous personal development, process improvement and job satisfaction that support professional growth, succession planning and performance management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in branded consumer products in Mass and Grocery channel required.
- Experience with Walmart, Canadian Tire, Loblaws, Bulk Barn is required. Craft/Michael's, and Amazon experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading teams in sales leadership positions in consumer goods organization required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with product development for the Canadian market is required.
- Lead management role for the Canadian office; experience managing a sales office (landlord interface/misc. office management) required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience of delivering incremental category growth and profitability with retail partners.
- Ability to drive and improve business results and operate with a growth mindset; high financial acumen with a clear understanding of P&L management, margin generation, sales, and operating numbers for his/her portfolio.
- This remote leadership role requires advanced communication and cross functional collaboration.
- Experience working for a division of/or a remote office where they are dependent on a US (or International) HQ and shared services for support in order to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and decision-making skills, with a strong analytical thought process.
- A change agent adaptable to pivoting situations; able to influence both new and tenured talent, channeling their passion for the work towards a profitable bottom line.
- Must be able to quickly study products, customer trends and markets and communicate how they apply to driving sales at our key customers.
- Experience aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required business results.
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills; viewed as a team builder, coach and developer of talent.
- Experience and expertise building collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills; clearly presents information and ideas through a variety of media to engage the audience; commands attention and can effectively manage groups during presentations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to lead sales in a fast-paced business environment.
Physical Demands/Work Requirements:
- The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Ability to travel 40% or as required.
- Professional work environment; this role is sedentary in nature and requires the ability to be seated at a desk for majority of the work day.
- Ability to routinely use standard office equipment such as laptop computers, computer monitors/keyboards, telephones, copier/printers
Meet Some of Wilton Brands's Employees
Warehouse Manager, Second Shift
Scott oversees the Romeoville operations facility’s night shift, ensuring every processes is executed properly in order to keep his team safe and the company on track.
Back to top