Director Brand & Community
- Naperville, IL
Wilton is a heritage US brand with a 90-year history in baking and decorating. After fifteen years of private equity ownership, the company was acquired by Dr. Oetker (family owned German conglomerate) as an expansion into the US market. Eighteen months after the acquisition, Dr. Oetker and the new leadership are looking to define the future of Wilton brands to become the most important, influential, and successful cake and dessert brand in the USA.
As part of the Dr. Oetker group, Wilton Is committed to the global purpose of 'Creating a Taste of Home" with four strategic cornerstones
- Driving Industry consolidation through winning with the consumer.
- Achieving cost leadership drives a strong healthy business and requires alignment of all the colleague's efforts throughout our value chain, from consumer engagement and throughout our supply chain.
- Accelerating digitization to provide our teams with the tools to succeed and consumers with a means to engage with Wilton.
- Develop an Agile Culture of accountability, collaboration, learning, and employee development.
The Director of Brand & Community is the custodian of the Wilton Brand. Which will lead the definition of the brand and influencing strategy and ensure performance is measured and improved. Additionally, will define brand guidelines and will support the organization to ensure all interactions with consumers and customers are aligned with the Wilton brand. Responsible for leading the Brand Communications, Education, Digital and Creative & Content teams. Partnering cross functionally with CBUs, Marketing & Sales teams.
- Support the EVP of Marketing with the definition of the Brand, Influencing and Merchandising strategy and drive execution and brand performance review
- Define the brand activation strategy and the brand guidelines
- Lead the consumer communications strategy, educational marketing strategy and creative & content Strategy
- Manage the communications, education, digital and creative elements of the marketing budget using inputs from finance
- Ensure relationships with the Wilton community and influencers are managed
- Ensure communications with consumers and customers are aligned with the Wilton brand guidelines
- Develop the strategy for digital engagement, working with the eCommerce sales team to manage Wilton.com
- Develop the Wilton network institutional communication of the brand: sponsorship, sustainable development, choice of muses, ambassadors, spokespersons, sponsors
- Drive the development of managers within the Marketing organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related topic. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 + years of experience in leading a marketing and/or communications team.
- Significant experience in leading multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Market Share I Website Traffic I Unique Visitors I Brand Awareness I Consumer Satisfaction Score I Ad Click Through Rate I Return on Ad Spend I Social Traffic I Social Mentions I Share of Voice I Social Followers I Marketing Costs vs Revenue (%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Significant experience in developing and executing Brand Strategy
- Clear understanding of habits, language, attitudes and behaviors of consumers in the cake and desert category
- Experience in Brand, Educational, Digital and Creative Marketing
- Understanding of brand competitors within the cake and decorating category
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on our website, please contact us at 630-810-2416 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com We will be happy to help you!
Response to COVID-19: "On behalf of all of us at Wilton Brands, we hope this update finds you well during these unprecedented times. As an iconic brand, our top priorities remain keeping our associates healthy and ensuring our ability to serve our retailers and customers. Our recruitment efforts will continue and be conducted in ways that safeguard both the health of our associates and candidates. We hope that you, your family and your friends stay safe and healthy."
Back to top