Category Leadership Manager
We're passionate about bringing the love of baking and decorating to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Our message is simple - we know you love baking (because we do, too) and we're constantly evolving to bring you quality products that make baking and decorating fun and easy. We're not just for the decorators of wow-worthy cakes, we're for cupcake makers and cookie bakers who love to say, "I made that!"
Wilton Brands LLC ("Wilton") is owned by Dr. August Oetker KG, a pivately held company based in Germany. Dr. Oetker is a global leader in the food and beverage industries. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
The Category Leadership Manager position leads and advances Wilton's Category Management capabilities to drive both Wilton & customer performance and growth. Leads customer penetration and development across multiple functions within the customer, customer retailer insights and support, category development and diagnostics. Contributes to annual sales planning and customer category leadership plan (CLP) development. Is accountable for overall customer Category Management function and activities supporting key strategic accounts for Wilton Brands including Grocery, Target and Meijer.
- Leads development and implementation of Customer specific Category Leadership Plans (CLP) and 4P tactical solutions at key Grocery accounts, (Kroger, HEB, Albertson's) Target and Meijer
- Actively participates in key customer meetings alongside sales function
- Leads Customer Category Reviews and Assessments for both the bakeware and cake decorating categories
- Provide the customer buyers, national account managers and team leaders with assistance in developing fact and consumer-based selling stories on new items, promotional planning, fix the mix opportunities, shelving optimization and pricing initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and issues and leads Category Management team to implement solutions at retail
- Understands the competitive marketplace in which Wilton and customers operate
- Participates and develops material for Top to Top meetings for key customers
- Communicates insights and learnings both internally and externally to a wide variety of audiences, including internal HQ teams
- Ability to drive very solid analytical skills and create presentation with Category centric insights and actionable recommendations to drive Category growth
- Create and pull necessary POS reporting to support sales functions
Education and Experience:
- BS / BA, MBA a plus
- 4+ plus years of progressive category management and related experience required
- Retail experience with a major merchandising company, experience with one of the major syndicated data houses, and experience in a CPG environment for a brand that exists within a major consumer high involvement category is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and a working understanding of systems such as Partners Online, IRI, NPD, Spectra, and other syndicated information systems is required
- Experience and comfortability with PROSPACE as a tool to support POG recommendations
- Experience pulling data directly from retailer portals
- High level of competency in front of customers
- Data manipulation and analysis experience required. Above average excel skills required
- Experience with SPSS, SASMicrostrategy, or other data analysis tools is a plus
- Ability to be self-driven and disciplined, ability to prioritize work and balance heavy work load
- Creative and storytelling approaching to sharing data
- Excellent communication skills, Customer Interaction, Project Management, and Entrepreneurial Drive required
- 20% Travel required
Back to top