Senior Manager, Trade Marketing, Off Premise Chains
- New York, NY
Who is William Grant & Sons?
William Grant & Sons is a family owned global premium spirits company with a portfolio of award-winning brands. These include our eight core brands: Glenfiddich, Grant's, The Balvenie, Tullamore D.E.W., Drambuie, Hendrick's Gin, Sailor Jerry Rum and Monkey Shoulder. With a global presence, our business is in an exciting period of growth. Our founder William Grant was a true pioneer, and his spirit, passion and innovation are very much at the heart of the business culture today.
We’re looking for a passionate and innovative Senior Manager, Trade Marketing Off Premise Chains who will bring fresh ideas. Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
This role will lead the delivery of US shopper-driven retail chain strategy primarily with program development and execution in National Accounts and secondarily with regional chain accounts. Will work with the digital eCommerce team to build effective and efficient path-to-purchase and e-comm programming that complements, supports and enhances in-store programming.
Will provide hybrid capabilities evenly balanced between category management / development, customer marketing and shopper marketing. Offer thought leadership throughout the trade marketing process, from the development of compelling analytics-based commercial arguments to the development of disruptive programming and execution.
Will enhance company role as “Trusted Advisor” with key customers through shopper-based, insight-led programs that disrupt, build equity and drive conversion at the point of purchase.
Will provide off-premise category guidance and support to HQ brand teams, Digital/Ecomm, National Accounts and regional chains field sales teams; participating in the development of programs and point of sale materials.
- Lead the development of off-premise chain retailer programming that leverages shopper and brand strategies, retailer insight, path-to-purchase and e-comm best practice and customer activation opportunities.
- Lead on category development and the creation of commercial arguments for our core brands, programs and focus categories.
- Develop, maintain and implement an off-premise chain program calendar by key brand and customer, maintaining an in-depth understanding and application of the most effective trade marketing levers within the desired customer and channel.
- Attend, present, ideate and follow-up on key account calls, evaluating effectiveness of all off-premise trade marketing activity against pre agreed objectives to drive greater efficiencies and best practice for the company. Embrace and champion global evaluation models.
- Proactively monitor trends and opportunities across channels, customers and categories.
- Lead on the dissemination of information to improve internal knowledge of business environment in each direction (macro and micro).
- Lead development and execution of cross-category/ cross-merchandising partnerships with external brands. Build and maintain WGS relationship with merchandising partners and facilitate partner communication with commercial teams and distributors.
- Champion commercial excellence and shopper and e-comm principles throughout brand planning cycle and create and enforce off-premise commercial excellence and branding standards by brand
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in chain sales or trade marketing capacity in liquor or consumer packaged goods industry is required
- Bachelor Degree required
- Strong understanding of the 3-tier US liquor regulatory environment
- Prior experience in the national accounts/chain arena
- Understanding of shopper marketing principles and the use of analytics and insights
- Experience working with brand, agency and sales teams required
- High level of IT proficiency
- Thought leader with strong analytical skills
- Budget manager
- Motivated / Self-Starter
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. Candidate will be expected to give compelling and insightful presentations to customers
- Highly effective relationship builder and influencer
- Ability to travel within the US
At William Grant & Sons, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We’re proud to provide equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top