Tier 1 Operations Manager
There are less than a few times in your life when you will have the opportunity to join a company at this stage. When I Work is the leader in Scheduling and Time & Attendance applications. Our portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including our award-winning scheduling app, When I Work, has revolutionized the way that customers manage and schedule their employees. Over 16,000 businesses use When I Work to spend less time on scheduling and attendance and improve team communication - including Uber, Tesla, Ben & Jerry’s, and Virgin America. No matter how you slice it the future of business software is mobile. Consider joining the mobile leader, When I Work, and be a part of a team that is changing the way the world schedules and tracks time for hourly workers.
Who We’re Looking For
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and working with a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering an excellent customer experience, you may have found the right place. You must have a passion for technology and thrive on making complex situations simple. The team will depend on you for insight and guidance in dealing with day to day issues and escalations. You must possess a strong desire to mentor others and lead by example in areas of communication, empathy, and have an out of the box approach to resolving issues. You will navigate the ins and outs of a Customer Care team by leading and supporting Customer Care Representatives and identifying areas for operational improvement.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintain a strong understanding of WIW products and internal processes.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all Customer Care tools including Zendesk, Zopim, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Day to day management of the Customer Care Tier I team, including selection of new hires, quarterly and annual reviews, promotion of team members, resolution of employee issues and PTO approval.
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and professional development including regular 1 on 1s, ticket audit, and SAT reviews.
- Assess training needs and ensure all Customer Care Representatives are properly trained.
- Enforce policies and process adherence.
- Responsible for team work schedule and rotation of team members in 365 days a year support environment.
- Ensure there is adequate coverage at all times, making the most efficient use of staff to drive optimal productivity.
- Establish and communicate process and goals, reviewing reported results and KPIs to highlight deficiencies, improve productivity, and drive potential changes in tools, training, and process.
- Drive issue resolution for high priority and high visibility cases.
- Communicate with customers on high priority issues to drive customer satisfaction.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Minimum of 5-7 years proven leadership experience in managing a customer support and/or operations team in a non-phone support environment (Live Chat and Zendesk tickets).
- Experience in a SAAS and/or start-up environment preferred, working with small businesses and high volume ticket environment (10K+ tickets).
- Flexibility managing shift coverage in a 24x7x365 on-call operation.
- Driven to maintain KPIs.
- Sense of ownership toward the team.
- Pride in mentoring others to achieve career advancement.
- Leadership by acclaim - not by appointment.
- Goal-driven, confident self-starter with a willingness to continually embrace a fast -paced environment and a passion to excel.
- Proven track record in meeting established goals and objectives.
- A level-headed temperament, ability to make quick judgments and defend decisions.
- Intrinsically motivated and passionate about operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ZenDesk, Zopim Chat, JIRA and Salesforce a definite plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
What’s In It For You
Passionate coworkers -- you’ll work with open-minded, enthusiastic people who will constantly challenge and motivate you to go above and beyond to produce great work and grow in your career.
Transparency -- you’ll experience an open door policy that gives you the unique opportunity of having direct and informal access to our entire team.
Individual ownership -- you’ll be empowered to take personal ownership of projects that can directly impact the future direction and overall success of our products.
Diversity of thought -- you’ll become part of a talented team with a wide range of skills, experience, and philosophy.
A communication and collaboration company used daily by tens of thousands of business locations to schedule hundreds of thousands of hourly workers around the world.
A well-funded ($15M Series B in June ‘16) 120+ person company growing at a fast rate.
A 3X Best Places to Work
Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
From our employees:
“I work here because the team is awesome. There's no politics, there's no middle management second guessing everything or micro-managing my time, and everyone treats each other with respect.”
“There’s so much to do to make the app a world-class app, I’m anxious to get it there and I believe I know how to do it. I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley!”
“What's cool about the work - The fact that I'm legitimately given the latitude to directly contribute to new initiatives and major product changes. I'm not micromanaged. I am empowered to determine what to do to help grow the company and to go do it.”
“The people who work here are a lot of fun! Even though we’ve grown to 100+ employees it’s still easy to get to know people especially if you join in on the lunch room shenanigans ;) The company activities we do are always fun too.”
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Transit Pass or parking stipend
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
See Inside the Office of When I Work
When I Work is a workforce management solution for small and medium sized business. Their mission is to help workers and employers work better together. Their vision is to create a better work life for every member of the workforce. When I Work makes it easy for businesses to schedule, track time, and communicate with employees. With simple and beautifully designed products, When I Work is loved by thousands of businesses and over 700,000 employees worldwide.
Back to top