Sr. QA Engineer
Who We’re Looking For
Have you tested multiple platforms (e.g. Web, iOS, Android)? Have you worked with support to uncover how our customers are breaking our apps? Have you written automation scripts for multiple platforms? Have you, at times, done this all in one day? Does working for a small team that loves to get stuff done every day with as few meetings as necessary excite you? If you answer been there and done that to all of these, then this may be the job for you!
You’ll ensure both native mobile and web apps are bug free and of the highest quality. You will be doing manual testing but also love writing automation scripts to make your work easier. You will be talking with support and helping them reproduce and triage issues customers are dealing with. Finally, you will be talking with developers every day about enhancements that need to be tested and issues that you have encountered. In short, you will own all aspects of app quality.
Although we’re a startup, we already have testing practices in place. We have unit tests for code, test plans for upcoming features, and are working toward automated testing. But we’re looking for someone smarter than us to take us even further who has done all of these things before at a startup and looking for an opportunity/challenge to do it again. If that’s you, we should talk.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing and executing automated and manual tests.
- Working with developers and product managers to verify functional and non-functional requirements through automated and manual testing.
- Writing and executing test plans for existing and new products.
- Communicating test results and status to all members of the project team
Experience and Skills Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or other application field or equivalent experience.
- Professional software development with Java, C#, Ruby or other object-oriented languages
- 5+ years experience as an individual contributor to SQA in an agile environment
- 5+ years experience writing automated tests using automation frameworks and tools such as QuickTest Pro, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Watir
- Strong organizational skills: ability to complete multiple tasks under tight and competing schedules
- Strong technical and analytic skills; ability to understand complex systems and design tests around integration and interface points
- Experience writing test plans and test cases against fast-moving requirements
- Experience testing complex multi-tier software systems from UI through database
- Experience with configuring complex test environments in QA lab settings.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility and grace under pressure
We'll be especially impressed if you have:
- Experience automating tests for iOS and/or Android
- Experience with stress and load testing applications
What’s in it for you:
- Passionate coworkers -- you’ll work with open-minded, enthusiastic people who will constantly challenge and motivate you to go above and beyond to produce great work and grow in your career.
- Transparency -- you’ll experience an open door policy that gives you the unique opportunity of having direct and informal access to our entire team.
- Individual ownership -- you’ll be empowered to take personal ownership of projects that can directly impact the future direction and overall success of our products.
- Diversity of thought -- you’ll become part of a talented team with a wide range of skills, experience, and philosophy.
- A communication and collaboration company used daily by tens of thousands of business locations to schedule hundreds of thousands of hourly workers around the world.
- A well-funded ($15M Series B in June ‘16) 100+ person company growing at a fast rate.
- A 2X Best Places to Work
- Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
- The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
From our employees:
- “I work here because the team is awesome. There's no politics, there's no middle management second guessing everything or micro-managing my time, and everyone treats each other with respect.”
- “There’s so much to do to make the app a world-class app, I’m anxious to get it there and I believe I know how to do it. I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley!”
- “What's cool about the work - The fact that I'm legitimately given the latitude to directly contribute to new initiatives and major product changes. I'm not micromanaged. I am empowered to determine what to do to help grow the company and to go do it.”
- “The people who work here are a lot of fun! Even though we’ve grown to 100 employees it’s still easy to get to know people especially if you join in on the lunch room shenanigans ;) The company activities we do are always fun too.”
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
- Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
- Not looking right now for a new job?
- That’s OK… we are going to be hiring through 2016. Let’s talk about what you may be looking for down the road.
- *Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- We will be considering candidates local to the Twin Cities first.
Back to top