Sr. Content Marketer
When I Work is looking for a brilliant and experienced content marketing manager to join our growth-driven marketing team. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience and proven success creating and managing content marketing strategies that prioritize quality and education over clicks, can effectively manage a team of content creators and freelancers, understands how to set clear goals and leverage analytics to improve strategy, and possesses the technical and stylistic skills of a seasoned writer.
As a member of When I Work’s content team, you have the opportunity to replicate and build upon the content strategies we’ve used to grow our employer-focused When I Work blog to over 200,000 unique monthly pageviews in less than 2 years.
Your task will be to manage and grow a new blog that will serve and provide value to the 2 billion employees around the world who are currently working hourly jobs.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a highly skilled, highly motivated content marketer with a proven track record of building and implementing effective content marketing strategies that boost brand awareness, increase traffic, and ultimately drive more conversions.
An ideal candidate is someone who understands all the pieces and processes that go into successfully creating, publishing, and promoting compelling blog content for a specific audience.
You should be passionate about content, able to collaborate with other departments and team members, eager to test new ideas, obsessive about tracking metrics, comfortable working toward aggressive goals, and expertly skilled at content ideation, keyword research, promotion, and outreach.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing and executing content marketing strategies for a new employee-focused When I Work blog
- Working with cross functional marketing team members to distribute content and set up nurturing programs across multiple channels (in product, blog, learning center, advertising, social)
- Managing a team of freelance content writers
- Providing quality assurance of all content deliverables (including proofreading) and maintaining a consistent voice and tone throughout all digital channels and assets
- Creating and managing weekly editorial calendars and new assignments for writers
- Leading all efforts on ideation, promotion, and outreach for the new blog
Experience and Skills Needed
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, or related degree that will lend to this role
- A proven track record for developing effective content marketing strategies
- 3+ years experience managing content marketing for another company, preferably SaaS
- Experience using Wordpress and other CMS platforms
- Able to manage and work on a handful of projects at one time with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working against and meeting tight deadlines
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner, Buzzsumo, and other relevant content marketing tools
- Experience managing contract writers
- Must be a confident writer, communicator, and storyteller
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Email marketing experience
- Personal and active blogging experience
- Experience using Marketo and LeadPages
- A network you can leverage personally to promote content
- Experiencing creating and managing Facebook ads
- Experience with paid distribution tools like Outbrain, Zemanta, and Taboola
What’s In It For You
- Passionate coworkers -- you’ll work with open-minded, enthusiastic people who will constantly challenge and motivate you to go above and beyond to produce great work and grow in your career.
- Transparency -- you’ll experience an open door policy that gives you the unique opportunity of having direct and informal access to our entire team.
- Individual ownership -- you’ll be empowered to take personal ownership of projects that can directly impact the future direction and overall success of our products.
- Diversity of thought -- you’ll become part of a talented team with a wide range of skills, experience, and philosophy.
- A communication and collaboration company used daily by tens of thousands of business locations to schedule hundreds of thousands of hourly workers around the world.
- A well-funded ($5M Series A in July ‘15, $15M Series B in June ‘16) 100+ person company growing at a fast rate.
- A 2X Best Places to Work
- Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
- The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
From Our Employees
- “I work here because the team is awesome. There's no politics, there's no middle management second guessing everything or micro-managing my time, and everyone treats each other with respect.”
- “There’s so much to do to make When I Work a world-class app, I’m anxious to get it there and I believe I know how to do it. I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley!”
- “What's cool about the work - The fact that I'm legitimately given the latitude to directly contribute to new initiatives and major product changes. I'm not micromanaged. I am empowered to determine what to do to help grow the company and to go do it.”
- “The people who work here are a lot of fun! Even though we’ve grown to 100 employees it’s still easy to get to know people especially if you join in on the lunch room shenanigans ;) The company activities are always fun too.”
- Medical (100% paid coverage for individuals) and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter including a convincing explanation of why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Back to top