Recruiter & HR Generalist
There are less than a few times in your life when you will have the opportunity to join a company at this stage. When I Work is the leader in Scheduling and Time & Attendance applications. Our portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including our award-winning scheduling app, When I Work, has revolutionized the way that customers manage and schedule their employees. Over 15,000 businesses use When I Work to spend less time on scheduling and attendance and improve team communication - including Uber, Tesla, Ben & Jerry’s, and Virgin America. No matter how you slice it the future of business software is mobile. Consider joining the mobile leader, When I Work, and be a part of a team that is changing the way the world schedules and tracks time for hourly workers.
Who We’re Looking For
Our employees are world-class and we’re looking for a world-class individual to help us grow. As a full-time Recruiter & HR Generalist at When I Work, you will play a critical role in growing our team. This requires that you be highly proactive in sourcing and recruiting the best -- posting a job description and seeing what happens won’t cut it.
This position’s primary focus is full lifecycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that we hire high quality candidates in software engineering, product management, growth, analytics, sales, customer care, success, marketing and other general areas of the company. You will run the recruitment process from start to finish by sourcing, recruiting and closing. You will also manage the When I Work brand from a recruiting standpoint, by telling the story of the When I Work opportunity and culture. You will be the voice of our team and evangelize to the world. You must be ready to work hard to find and attract stellar When I Work employees.
In addition to recruiting, the Recruiter & HR Generalist will also spend a portion of the time working on HR duties and special projects, working alongside the VP of Talent & Culture and the Sr. HR Generalist to provide assistance with many of their functions.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Conduct full-cycle recruiting, which includes sourcing and recruiting for assigned open positions.
- Measure and track success of recruiting programs and initiatives in order to help inform future strategies.
- Work with management to define required skillsets and coach them on the hiring process.
- Evangelize on behalf of the company, leveraging social media, targeted on-site and web-based events, and utilizing internal resources to assist in sharing the WIW story in the market.
- Determine and implement sourcing strategy.
- Screen candidates for basic technical ability and cultural fit.
- Coordinate interviews, including making any necessary travel arrangements.
- Consult on hire/no hire recommendations, ensuring every candidate has a meaningful experience throughout the interview process, regardless of outcome.
- Manage the closing process, including checking references, managing the candidate experience, and extending offers.
- Reinforce company culture and works to support a positive work environment and morale among staff.
- Escalate issues as needed to other members of the HR team.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- May assist VP of Talent & Culture and/or Sr. HR Generalist with HR projects and tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 4-5 years’ direct sourcing experience with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for a variety of positions at different levels of the organization, preferably in high-tech.
- Remote hiring experience a plus. For some positions, we hire from around the country.
- You know what it takes to build a process that quickly finds great candidates in a sea of good ones.
- Knowledge of technical jargon and skill sets. You can get past all the buzzwords to see what they really know.
- Know what competitive compensation packages look like and when they need to be adjusted.
- Know what it takes to build our brand in the community.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience conducting interviews.
- Experience coaching and providing feedback to interviewers and hiring managers.
- Great selling and closing skills.
- Knowledgeable with Application Tracking Systems; Jazz (formerly Resumator) a strong plus.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required to meet recurring deadlines and maintain tracking systems related to HR and recruiting information.
- Ability to maintain composure and good judgment when dealing with deadlines and fast paced environment.
- Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.
- Interest in and aptitude for learning additional areas of Human Resources. May include compliance, HRIS, training and development, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Flexibility with work schedule may be required from time to time to attend recruiting and company events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Transit stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
See Inside the Office of When I Work
When I Work is a workforce management solution for small and medium sized business. Their mission is to help workers and employers work better together. Their vision is to create a better work life for every member of the workforce. When I Work makes it easy for businesses to schedule, track time, and communicate with employees. With simple and beautifully designed products, When I Work is loved by thousands of businesses and over 700,000 employees worldwide.
Back to top