Product Market Specialist (Healthcare, Hospitality or Retail)
Who You Are
You are an experienced SaaS marketer with strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and analytical skills. You leverage those skills to establish an understanding of the customer and user persona. You collaborate cross-functionally to develop go-to-market strategies, perform competitive analyses, develop crisp messaging and positioning guidelines, and produce sales and marketing assets. You have an innate ability to translate a product capability into the value proposition that is meaningful to your vertical specialty.
As a Product Market Specialist, you will have an expert understanding of the demographic makeup of our healthcare, hospitality or retail customers and users through the use of analytics, surveys and interviews. You will leverage that knowledge to enable our product and sales teams to better position our products. You will apply your presentation skills to deliver presentations and webinars that educate the market. You enjoy working closely with marketing, sales and product management to identify and develop opportunities that drive new revenue through sales enablement, go-to-market programs and new features, enhancements and pricing innovations.
Who We Are
When I Work is an employee scheduling app that nearly half a million people in over 50 countries rely on for employee scheduling, time clock and communication. When I Work uses an innovative blend of collaborative communication technologies, including the web, iOS and Android apps, text messaging, social media, and email, to make teams more efficient, more accountable, and better prepared. Most traditional workforce management software is clunky, cumbersome and difficult to install and maintain. When I Work is a simple, intuitive, mobile-first solution that owners and managers can implement and start using in five minutes, not five months—no IT required.
- A well-funded ($15M Series B in June ‘16) 100+ person company growing at a fast rate.
- A 2X Best Places to Work
- Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
- The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing product positioning and messaging to clearly educate on product differentiation
- Working with product managers to understand new product features and enhancements
- Communicating product value propositions to internal teams
- Identifying and developing impactful sales enablement materials, competitive battlecards, presentations, videos, product demos and sales training materials
- Sharing your expert knowledge of the competitors and buyers in your vertical and the features and criteria that are most important
- Collaborating with content writers to ensure consistent messaging throughout marketing and help content
- Planning the communication of new features and enhancements to coincide with launch
- Analyzing market, competitive and customer landscape through research, analytics and conducting win/loss interviews
- Coordinating with teams to drive demand through marketing and sales strategies
- Supporting demand generation by acting as the subject matter expert at trade shows, webinars and other related opportunities
Experience and Skills Needed
- 3+ years of software product marketing experience with emphasis in product marketing, marketing analytics, market research, data science in B2B and/or consumer mobile technology products
- Expert knowledge of the healthcare, hospitality or retail industry and understanding of their scheduling and communication needs
- Examples of successful new technology product launches into emerging markets
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, balance multiple priorities, and be self-managed in a high-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability and passion for content creation in a variety of forms, including video, product demos, webinars, white papers, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manipulate and draw insights from data
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skill sets
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work (you “get shift done”)
- Consumer and/or B2B DNA where the user experience always come first
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Superior writing skills with the ability to present complex concepts to various audiences
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Experience producing and delivering webinars to buyers and end users
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Prior experience at a startup and SaaS
What’s In It For You
- Passionate coworkers -- you’ll work with open-minded, enthusiastic people who will constantly challenge and motivate you to go above and beyond to produce great work and grow in your career.
- Transparency -- you’ll experience an open door policy that gives you the unique opportunity of having direct and informal access to our entire team.
- Individual ownership -- you’ll be empowered to take personal ownership of projects that can directly impact the future direction and overall success of our products.
- Diversity of thought -- you’ll become part of a talented team with a wide range of skills, experience, and philosophy.
From Our Employees
- “I work here because the team is awesome. There's no politics, there's no middle management second guessing everything or micro-managing my time, and everyone treats each other with respect.”
- “There’s so much to do to make the app a world-class app, I’m anxious to get it there and I believe I know how to do it. I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley!”
- “What's cool about the work - The fact that I'm legitimately given the latitude to directly contribute to new initiatives and major product changes. I'm not micromanaged. I am empowered to determine what to do to help grow the company and to go do it.”
- “The people who work here are a lot of fun! Even though we’ve grown to 100 employees it’s still easy to get to know people especially if you join in on the lunch room shenanigans ;) The company activities we do are always fun too.”
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter including:
- Why you’d like to work at When I Work more than anywhere else and
- Links to online examples of presentations or webinars.
* Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
** Must be willing to relocate to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) area (at your own expense)
Back to top