Product Manager - Growth
Who You Are:
As a Product Manager of Growth, you’re analytically-minded and enjoy focusing on product initiatives that accelerate growth. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to be at the forefront of driving innovation for our customers. You are results-driven and collaborate with marketing, analytics, design and engineering to identify and build new features. Your curiosity inspires you to experiment, test, tweak and you won’t be afraid to try things that may fail quickly or unlock growth opportunities. You are data-driven and excited by the opportunity to navigate large volumes of data and analytics to gain insights and ideas.
Sitting at the intersection of user insight (both qualitative and quantitative), technology, marketing strategy and design, you will drive When I Work's growth through a strong focus on on all aspects of growth including trial engagement, customer lifetime value and referral sources.
Who We Are:
When I Work is an employee scheduling app that nearly half a million people in over 50 countries rely on for employee scheduling, time clock and communication. When I Work uses an innovative blend of collaborative communication technologies, including the web, iOS and Android apps, text messaging, social media, and email, to make teams more efficient, more accountable, and better prepared. Most traditional workforce management software is clunky, cumbersome and difficult to install and maintain. When I Work is a simple, intuitive, mobile-first solution that owners and managers can implement and start using in five minutes, not five months—no IT required.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prioritize areas of experimentation based on data, user research and modeling.
- Develop hypotheses, lead brainstorming sessions and develop specs for A/B and multivariate test to prove or disprove your hypotheses.
- Work with developers, marketing, designers, data analysts and QA to launch weekly experiments.
- Leverage data to determine results and determine next steps.
- In other words: Experiment. Fail. Learn. Repeat.
- Communicating product vision and priorities internally and externally
- Communicating intimately with customers to get feedback on our products and how they’re using it to anticipate what our customers will need
- Being a point of contact for internal and external teams such as Customer Care, Customer Success, Sales and Channel Partners
- Success in this role will be measured by the company's ability to achieve its strategic objectives, your ability to play a serious role in that success and your fit within our core values.
Experience and Skills Needed:
- You can think strategically and execute tactically. You are able to 1) conceptualize solutions to complicated challenges, while 2) executing with discipline and urgency. 3) You are both collaborative and opinionated. 4) You see the big picture… in graphic detail. Other qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- 3-5 years of product management experience with emphasis in product marketing, marketing analytics, market research, data science in B2B and/or consumer mobile technology products
- Experience developing product features that drive engagement, viral and organic growth and retention
- Examples of successful new technology product launches into emerging markets
- Experience with data analytics platforms for both web and mobile
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manipulate and draw insights from data
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skill sets
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work (you get shift done)
- Consumer and/or B2B DNA where the user experience always come first
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Prior experience managing product at an internet SaaS company
- Superior writing skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to various audiences
- Superior project management and time management skills
What Would Be Awesome To Have:
- Prior experience at a startup and SaaS company
- Strong analytics and SQL skills
What’s In It For You:
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
Sound Like a Good Fit?
- Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work more than anywhere else
* Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
** Must be willing to relocate to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) area (at your expense)
Back to top