Marketing Manager of Paid Acquisition
There are less than a few times in your life when you will have the opportunity to join a company at this stage. When I Work is the leader in Scheduling and Time & Attendance applications. Our portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including our award-winning scheduling app, When I Work, has revolutionized the way that customers manage and schedule their employees. Over 25,000 customers use When I Work to spend less time on scheduling and attendance and improve team communication - including Uber, Tesla, Ben & Jerry’s, and Virgin America. No matter how you slice it the future of business software is mobile. Consider joining the mobile leader, When I Work, and be a part of a team that is changing the way the world schedules and tracks time for hourly workers.
Come help us Make Work, Less Work for the Hourly Workforce.
Who We’re Looking For
Our growth-focused marketing team plays a critical role in our company’s future. As our Manager of Paid Acquisition, you’ll maximize our returns from the millions of dollars we invest in paid search, social, display, and affiliate channels.
This is a high-impact role with tremendous potential for growth. You’ll manage our agency partners and work with internal team members to continually test and optimize our ad copy, landing pages and ad spend.
We’re looking for an analytical, performance-based marketer with hands-on experience managing paid search and social programs.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat:
- You are a determined problem-solver, and have no problem spending hours in spreadsheets hunting for answers
- You’ve built complex reporting from scratch, and can discuss attribution methodologies for hours
- You have made a measurable impact on the programs/channels you managed
- You look for ways to automate repetitive tasks and eliminate those that are unproductive
- You can rattle off yesterday’s, last week’s and last month’s KPIs at a moment’s notice
- You love testing and finding creative ways to drive growth
- You geek-out about what makes Adwords and Facebook Ads tick and how you can gain an edge over the competition
- You’re always reading about the latest trends and tactics but know how to filter out the noise
- You learn from mistakes and maintain a positive attitude when things don’t go as planned
- You leverage those around you to expand your knowledge and gain new perspectives
What You’ll Be Doing
As a leader on the Marketing team with an expertise in digital media, you’ll put our multi-million dollar budget to work and profitably acquire as many new customers as possible. You must enjoy getting your hands dirty and digging deep into the weeds, while also being able to step out of the weeds and shape our go-forward strategy. Below are a few examples of what you’ll be responsible for:
- Daily optimization of paid search and social programs to drive growth while hitting CPA targets (with support of agency partners, managed by you)
- Launch new in-house attribution and reporting tools
- Test new channels and seek opportunities to expand our reach
- Manage and maintain landing page, creative, and ad copy testing roadmap. Work with the Market team’s copywriter, web developer, and graphic designer to ideate and execute new tests
- Create and maintain reporting on program performance and test results for all paid channels
- Continuing to expand your knowledge and skillsets in your areas of responsibility and others
- Stay informed on trends and changes in the search and social advertising space
Experience and Skills Needed
- 3+ years hands-on experience driving growth through paid search or paid social channels. Must have some knowledge of both, but a deep understanding of one or the other
- Personally owned the success of an online advertising program
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Proven ability to analyze large datasets and identify needle-moving opportunities
- Aptitude and determination to solve complex problems through analysis and creative thinking
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Expert-level proficiency with Excel, Adwords Editor, Power Editor, Google Analytics
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Google AdWords certifications preferred (must be completed within 90 days of start date)
What Would Be Awesome to Have
- Experience with bid management tools (Kenshoo, Marin, Adobe, etc.)
- Landing page conversion best practices
- Google Analytics certification
- Experience with SaaS or lead-based business model
- Display and/or YouTube advertising experience
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Transit stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter including a convincing explanation of why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
See Inside the Office of When I Work
When I Work is a workforce management solution for small and medium sized business. Their mission is to help workers and employers work better together. Their vision is to create a better work life for every member of the workforce. When I Work makes it easy for businesses to schedule, track time, and communicate with employees. With simple and beautifully designed products, When I Work is loved by thousands of businesses and over 700,000 employees worldwide.
Back to top