IT Systems Administrator
There are less than a few times in your life when you will have the opportunity to join a company at this stage. When I Work is the leader in Scheduling and Time & Attendance applications. Our portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including our award-winning scheduling app, When I Work, has revolutionized the way that customers manage and schedule their employees. Over 16,000 businesses use When I Work to spend less time on scheduling and attendance and improve team communication - including Uber, Tesla, Ben & Jerry’s, and Virgin America. No matter how you slice it the future of business software is mobile. Consider joining the mobile leader, When I Work, and be a part of a team that is changing the way the world schedules and tracks time for hourly workers.
Who We’re Looking For
We need our IT processes and infrastructure to run like a well-oiled machine. We are looking to hire our first IT Systems Administrator to handle all aspects of end-user support and procurement as we quickly scale. In this role, you will be integral to growing our business as you provide the best employee-IT experience for existing and new hires across all teams at When I Work (both on-premises and remote). A solid IT infrastructure is critical to our success!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide helpdesk and IT support for a rapidly growing company.
- Help manage onboard and offboard processes for office tools and equipment.
- Manage single sign-on and cloud applications such as Google for Work, Office 365, and others.
- Work with vendors to negotiate contracts.
- Support and maintain phone/voicemail system.
- Support office network infrastructure.
- Support telepresence and presentation equipment for distributed meetings.
- Collaborate with technical operations staff to build tooling and integrations that make our lives easier.
- Provide security, audit, and reporting for our internal IT systems. You will play a central role in developing the processes!
- Help us build and scale! You’ll be involved every step of the way!
- 24 x 7 x 365 support role, you will be on-call! (Responsibility can be traded off with Technical Operations so you don’t get burned out!)
Experience and Skills Needed
- Minimum of 5 years Network/Systems Admin experience
- Mac system support and troubleshooting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, not required, but preferred.
- Experience scripting in at least one high level language (Ruby/Python/etc…)
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Background in managing cloud applications in a single sign-on environment, ideally in an automated way.
- A empathetic customer service focus — someone who wants to help solve other people's problems!
- A teaching/educational attitude toward helping.
- A creative approach to problem solving, we don’t adhere to the status quo, you shouldn’t either!
- Must have awesome nickname and/or be able to communicate only using emojis.
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Experience with Chef configuration management tool
- Experience supporting Linux
- Understanding the needs of a rapidly growing company
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter including a convincing explanation of why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Must be willing to relocate to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) area.
Back to top