Growth Engineer - Full Stack
Who We’re Looking For
The growth team is small, versatile, focused, data driven and aggressive group that works on our core and new products in a SaaS business model. We are constantly pushing ourselves to learn new growth strategies, tactics, and techniques. As part of the growth team you'll have the opportunity to be involved in growing a product or feature from thousands to millions of users.
The growth team blends people with engineering, design, product, and marketing skills in one cohesive unit to work in quick iterative experiment cycles aimed at increasing growth rate and learning about our customer, product, and channels.
You may be a good fit for the growth team if you have some of these qualities:
- Done is better than perfect attitude
- Aggressive and competitive mentality
- Voracious learners
- Resilient to failure and always looking to improve
- Opinions and ideas on how to do things better
- Bias towards action
- Impact driven
- Understands that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job but you need to focus on it to get it right.
- Focuses on shipping software that matters to your users and that matters to the company you’re building it for.
- Lastly, Everyone knows that when you take on a task regardless if it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability.
What You’ll Be Doing
Increasing growth rate by implementing and executing growth experiments across the entire product funnel (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Revenue, Referral)
As a member of the growth team you will decide the activities you work on to achieve the goals we have set as a team. Here are some possible activities that you may be involved with:
- Working with other growth team members to implement features activation, retention, and virality features associated with growth experiments
- Implementing analytics to gain deeper insights on how users are engaging with our product, where friction is occurring, and where users are leaking out of the funnel
- Exploring code to find bugs and friction points that might be slowing down growth
Experience and Skills Needed
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure.
- Working knowledge of the basics of agile (backlogs, estimation and progress updates).
- Strong data analytic abilities
- Distributed version control (git) and regular deployments
- Expertise in Database Design and Concepts (MySQL, SQLite, ORM)
What’s In It For You
- Passionate coworkers -- you’ll work with open-minded, enthusiastic people who will constantly challenge and motivate you to go above and beyond to produce great work and grow in your career.
- Transparency -- you’ll experience an open door policy that gives you the unique opportunity of having direct and informal access to our entire team.
- Individual ownership -- you’ll be empowered to take personal ownership of projects that can directly impact the future direction and overall success of our products.
- Diversity of thought -- you’ll become part of a talented team with a wide range of skills, experience, and philosophy.
- A communication and collaboration company used daily by tens of thousands of business locations to schedule hundreds of thousands of hourly workers around the world.
- A well-funded ($15M Series B in June ‘16) 100+ person company growing at a fast rate.
- A 2X Best Places to Work
- Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
- The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
From Our Employees
- “I work here because the team is awesome. There's no politics, there's no middle management second guessing everything or micro-managing my time, and everyone treats each other with respect.”
- “There’s so much to do to make the app a world-class app, I’m anxious to get it there and I believe I know how to do it. I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley!”
- “What's cool about the work - The fact that I'm legitimately given the latitude to directly contribute to new initiatives and major product changes. I'm not micromanaged. I am empowered to determine what to do to help grow the company and to go do it.”
- “The people who work here are a lot of fun! Even though we’ve grown to 100 employees it’s still easy to get to know people especially if you join in on the lunch room shenanigans ;) The company activities we do are always fun too.”
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Most of all smart and driven team members that love to collaborate, seek feedback, and improve
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Back to top