As a Growth Engineer you’re a jack or jill of all trades, willing to be crafty, cut corners and prioritize speed without compromising user experience. You are driven by impact to the bottom line, and love taking an idea, distilling it into code running in production, and then derive insights from data and user behavior to feed into your next idea. You’re all about creating the best experience for users, and letting the data guide your compass for what that experience looks like. You are especially adept at creating beautiful websites and interactions, but aren’t afraid of diving deeper into the stack and doing whatever it takes to deliver customer value.
Who You Are:
- Done is better than perfect attitude
- Curious and always learning
- Willing to learn by failure
- Desire to make a huge impact on the company
What You’ll Be Doing
- Increasing growth rate by implementing and executing growth experiments across the entire product funnel (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Revenue, Referral)
- Create API-driven user on-boarding tools, user acquisition A/B tests, and dynamic resource tools.
- Conversion rate optimization, create landing pages for our various marketing campaigns, and build and maintain pages for our current marketing site.
- Work with 3rd party APIs to push and pull data to/from When I Work and our CRM, ESP and other communication tools.
- Your contributions will also include implementation of various analytics and usability tracking codes, optimization of marketing websites for SEO and fast page loads, and organization and direction of data from a variety of sources for analytical purposes.
- We’ll expect you to push the limits of web technology as you implement innovative and industry-leading designs.
Experience and Skills Needed:
- Expertise in designing and building responsive websites
- Basic Photoshop knowledge
- Strong data analytic abilities
- Distributed version control (git) and regular deployments
- Working knowledge of the basics of agile (backlogs, estimation and progress updates).
What Would Be Awesome to Have:
- Experience with native Android or iOS
- Experience with PHP, Python, Ruby, Java or Go.
- Experience in database, design and concepts (MySQL, SQLite, ORM)
Who We Are:
When I Work is an employee scheduling app that nearly half a million people in over 50 countries rely on for employee scheduling, time clock and communication. When I Work uses an innovative blend of collaborative communication technologies, including the web, iOS and Android apps, text messaging, social media, and email, to make teams more efficient, more accountable, and better prepared. Most traditional workforce management software is clunky, cumbersome and difficult to install and maintain. When I Work is a simple, intuitive, mobile-first solution that owners and managers can implement and start using in five minutes.
- A well-funded ($15M Series B in June ‘16) 100+ person company growing at a fast rate.
- A 2X Best Places to Work
- Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
- The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
What’s In It For You
- Being a part of a mission-driven company with a passionate group of people
- A unique opportunity to contribute to a rocketship
- A culture where you voice and your actions matter and make a difference to our success
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
- Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
See Inside the Office of When I Work
When I Work is a workforce management solution for small and medium sized business. Their mission is to help workers and employers work better together. Their vision is to create a better work life for every member of the workforce. When I Work makes it easy for businesses to schedule, track time, and communicate with employees. With simple and beautifully designed products, When I Work is loved by thousands of businesses and over 700,000 employees worldwide.
Back to top