Director of Customer Care
There are less than a few times in your life when you will have the opportunity to join a company at this stage. When I Work is the leader in Scheduling and Time & Attendance applications. Our portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including our award-winning scheduling app, When I Work, has revolutionized the way that customers manage and schedule their employees. Over 25,000 customers use When I Work to spend less time on scheduling and attendance and improve team communication - including Uber, Tesla, Ben & Jerry’s, and Virgin America. No matter how you slice it the future of business software is mobile. Consider joining the mobile leader, When I Work, and be a part of a team that is changing the way the world schedules and tracks time for hourly workers.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead a 20+ person Customer Care team within a company that is deeply committed to customer success. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and working with a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering an excellent customer experience, you may have found the right place. You must have a passion for technology and thrive on making complex situations simple.
The Director of Customer Care is responsible for ensuring the delight, success and satisfaction of our customers by leading a team of Customer Care Representatives, collaborating with other cross-functional stakeholders, and defining the operational norms and cadence for the business.
You’ll have the privilege and responsibility of managing one of the best Customer Care teams in the industry. This role involves managing ticket and issue assignment and escalations, data analysis, career development, and issue resolution processes. The candidate is expected to be independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class support services. You must possess a strong desire to mentor others and lead by example in areas of communication, empathy, and have an out of the box approach to resolving issues. Leading this team also involves leading the effort on escalations with our product and engineering teams and diffusing customer tension.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that our customers consistently receive exceptional support and are successful with the When I Work software. This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Helpdesk or Customer Care director to lead one of the best Customer Care teams in the industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Represent the When I Work brand and our commitment to customer success for over 25,000 customers
- Lead and grow a care team to achieve business objectives including the attainment of targets for customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, service levels, resolution time, and project deadlines.
- Set team goals in alignment with company and department objectives. Assist direct reports in the definition and attainment of individual goals.
- Define and frequently refine the ticket management process and support methodology
- Ensure that direct reports have the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective customer service solutions to our customers.
- Ensure the delivery of product and soft-skills training for direct reports.
- Deliver performance reviews for all direct reports and provide regular feedback on performance
- Work collaboratively on cross-organizational teams to deliver on organizational objectives.
- Manage team schedules to ensure appropriate workload coverage that maximizes customer satisfaction
- Manage key processes including FAQ analysis, ticket reviews, and customer feedback analysis.
- Develop and maintain support procedures and policies.
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value and enjoyment to the customer experience.
- Identify and support up-sell opportunities
- Serve as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for Customer Care employees; Build credibility and trust within the support group and across the company.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 10+ years in a technical support or related customer facing role
- 5+ years of experience leading or managing a team in a support environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience scaling a team to 25+ team members
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- High-level of technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to build, guide, and lead teams to success while ensuring best practices
- Self Starter with strong organizational skills and drive to power through the daily tasks
- Potential to thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth startup environment with evolving responsibilities.
- Experience with Zendesk and Salesforce
- Displays passion for and responsibility to the customer
- Highly driven to always improve
- Must be willing to roll up your sleeves
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
See Inside the Office of When I Work
When I Work is a workforce management solution for small and medium sized business. Their mission is to help workers and employers work better together. Their vision is to create a better work life for every member of the workforce. When I Work makes it easy for businesses to schedule, track time, and communicate with employees. With simple and beautifully designed products, When I Work is loved by thousands of businesses and over 700,000 employees worldwide.
Back to top