When I Work is looking for a brilliant and experienced Digital Designer to join our growth-driven marketing team. The ideal candidate has 3+ years working as a designer in an agency or department setting with strong background in digital design.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for someone who’s truly interested in trying new things and is willing to perform a wide variety of exploration to find the right solution from a visual perspective. You should find any sort of problem solving to be interesting, whether it’s laying out pages for an ebook, or creating an illustration for a blog. Typography should be an obsession and your production skills equally meticulous.
The ideal candidate wants to be part of a team, to help build an incredible, memorable and cool brand. You’re willing to push the limits, and also be willing to try other things if one idea doesn’t work. You should be able to work independently without a lot of creative direction: the environment is fast-paced, and we’re constantly testing new ideas.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Explore and evolve our visual identity over time; become fully immersed in the When I Work brand and mission
- Helping explore different ways to execute marketing campaigns and ideas
- Working directly with other marketing team members to develop designs for various digital and physical media, including: online paid advertising, printed materials, case studies, e-books, blog images, landing pages, internal materials, tradeshow materials, ancillary department requests and presentations
- Participate in marketing team activities such as customer appreciation outings and other events
Experience and Skills Needed
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
- 3+ years directly related experience in an agency or in-house department
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Keynote are a must.
- Able to manage and work on a handful of projects at one time
- Strong understanding of responsive design and designing for mobile
- Able to work collaboratively with other team members to solve the problem at hand as well as be able to work independently
- Comfortable working against and meeting tight deadlines
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Have experience designing for social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) *
- Have a portfolio that shows an eye for detail, understanding of typography, and aesthetic that aligns with When I Work’s brand
- While digital media will be the primary deliverable, some experience and understanding of print is helpful
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Experience with HTML, CSS and After Effects is a plus.Illustration skills
- Photography skills
- Animation skills
What’s In It For You
- Passionate coworkers -- you’ll work with open-minded, enthusiastic people who will constantly challenge and motivate you to go above and beyond to produce great work and grow in your career.
- Transparency -- you’ll experience an open door policy that gives you the unique opportunity of having direct and informal access to our entire team.
- Individual ownership -- you’ll be empowered to take personal ownership of projects that can directly impact the future direction and overall success of our products.
- Diversity of thought -- you’ll become part of a talented team with a wide range of skills, experience, and philosophy.
- A communication and collaboration company used daily by tens of thousands of business locations to schedule hundreds of thousands of hourly workers around the world.
- A well-funded ($5M Series A in July ‘15, $15M Series B in June ‘16) 100+ person company growing at a fast rate.
- A 2X Best Places to Work
- Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
- The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
From Our Employees
- “I work here because the team is awesome. There's no politics, there's no middle management second guessing everything or micro-managing my time, and everyone treats each other with respect.”
- “There’s so much to do to make When I Work a world-class app, I’m anxious to get it there and I believe I know how to do it. I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley!”
- “What's cool about the work - The fact that I'm legitimately given the latitude to directly contribute to new initiatives and major product changes. I'm not micromanaged. I am empowered to determine what to do to help grow the company and to go do it.”
- “The people who work here are a lot of fun! Even though we’ve grown to 100 employees it’s still easy to get to know people especially if you join in on the lunch room shenanigans ;) The company activities are always fun too.”
- Medical (100% paid coverage for individuals) and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
Sound Like a Good Fit?
- Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter including a convincing explanation of why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
Back to top