Customer Care Tier III Engineer
At When I Work, we’re doing something different. We’re building products for the end-user, not the decision maker. We’re creating transformative, simple scheduling and attendance products that help hourly employees and managers work better together. We spend every day doting over how technology can empower the hourly workforce like nothing the world has ever seen. Our ultimate mission is to help people spend less time working and more time living. We need your help.
Who We’re Looking For
Support is in your blood, because you get a rush out of helping people. Whether answering a general "How do I...?" or doing a complex log dive, it's all the same to you. When it comes to explaining complex technical issues in a way anyone can understand, you have no equal. It doesn't matter whether you're addressing a problem with a customer or untangling an internal process: you jump on the chance to make it all better. Embracing your inner geek and armed with your technical prowess, you're ready to join us in our mission to be the best support organization on the planet. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and working with a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering an excellent customer experience, you may have found the right place. You must have a passion for technology and thrive on making complex situations simple. The team will depend on you for insight and guidance in dealing with day to day issues and questions related to our software. You must possess a strong desire to mentor others and lead by example in areas of communication, empathy, and have an out of the box approach to resolving issues.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Taking charge of internal processes and driving change
- Finding problems and following them through to conclusion
- Facilitating customer communication, education and retention
- Managing a large number of disparate customer issues
- Helping coworkers when asked and taking the initiative to reach out to coworkers when you think you have something to contribute
- Providing general product information, configuration support, collection of relevant technical problem identification information, and filter non-technical problems from technical problems
- Performing thorough analysis of varied log and system files within various WIW products
- Recreating, tracking, and verifying software and integration issues in the field or under lab conditions reported by customers
- Providing feedback from customers to product management and engineering teams
- Meeting and/or exceeding Service Level Agreements
- Troubleshooting reported issues independently that lower level(s) of support are unable to bring to resolution
- Employing methodical problem resolution techniques to remotely diagnose hardware and operating system applications using diagnostic utilities
- Providing additional debugging and analysis above and beyond what lower level(s) have done
- Assist the Director of Customer Care and the with daily operations of the Customer Care team.
- Maintain a strong understanding of WIW products and internal processes.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all Customer Care tools including Zendesk, Zopim, JIRA, Intercom, etc.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 4 year college degree preferably in a technical field with 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Takes a self-directed leadership role in the support and resolution of technical issue Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage through difficult customer issues and escalations.
- Conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and use independent judgement.
- Requires strong software knowledge, web and mobile app navigational experience, and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Must be able to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Proven record of offering consistently superior levels of customer service
- The ability to make decisions on your own, and consult with team leaders as needed
- Working knowledge/experience supporting software in all of the following: Mac, iOS, Android operating systems
- Solid understanding of networking, integrations and computer hardware
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- A warm personality, work well with co-workers, and are kind and patient with customers.
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Added technical skill for in-depth troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to communicate with high technical knowledge and efficiency
- Ability to debug PHP code to assist in the identification of the root cause
- Intimate knowledge of networking with specific skill in network architecture
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Back to top