Account Executive, Small-Medium Business (SMB)
There are less than a few times in your life when you will have the opportunity to join a company at this stage. When I Work is the leader in Scheduling and Time & Attendance applications. Our portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including our award-winning scheduling app, When I Work, has revolutionized the way that customers manage and schedule their employees. Over 25,000 businesses use When I Work to spend less time on scheduling and attendance and improve team communication - including Uber, Tesla, Ben & Jerry’s, and Virgin America. No matter how you slice it the future of business software is mobile. Consider joining the mobile leader, When I Work, and be a part of a team that is changing the way the world schedules and tracks time for hourly workers.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for the best and brightest. We’re looking for someone committed to our mission of improving the work life for the hourly workforce.
As an Account Executive, you’ll be working small business owners, scheduling managers, department heads and the like to help them make the most of When I Work’s scheduling, attendance, and communication solutions. This includes following up with inbound prospects, understanding their needs through strong discovery skills, and engaging them consultatively to map their needs to our solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Engage inbound prospects over the phone, via email and in-app messaging
- Respond to sales-related inbound inquiries in a timely manner
- Own the sales process from 0-100%
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities and follow-up tasks in Salesforce
- Provide product demos via GoToMeeting
- Provide regular feedback to leadership and across departments in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Customer Care, Customer Advocacy, Account Management, Product, and Marketing to identify opportunities to enhance customer experience and satisfaction
Experience and Skills Needed
- 1-3+ years of quota carrying-experience in software or technology sales, SaaS implementation, mobile apps or cloud software
- Functional knowledge of workforce management solutions, accounting software, human resources systems and payroll applications
- Technology savvy and ability to quickly learn new things
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to manage meetings or host webinars
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor degree required; business or technical degree preferred
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
- We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Please submit a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work in Sales and why are you qualified?
- Why you want to work at When I Work?
- Why we should choose you for our team and not another candidate?
- Write a brief value prop/elevator pitch for When I Work.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
See Inside the Office of When I Work
When I Work is a workforce management solution for small and medium sized business. Their mission is to help workers and employers work better together. Their vision is to create a better work life for every member of the workforce. When I Work makes it easy for businesses to schedule, track time, and communicate with employees. With simple and beautifully designed products, When I Work is loved by thousands of businesses and over 700,000 employees worldwide.
Back to top