TL, Card Processing Quality Assurance
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Team Leader is responsible for the oversight and management of WEX's operational interfaces with the public and private processing networks that support acceptance of our card products. This includes ensuring the quality and sufficiency of transactional data being submitted to WEX for card authorization,
customer billing and merchant settlement along with project work to support new functionality, both at WEX and with our merchants and networks, to support card authorization and transaction processing.
Deep knowledge of technical platforms and product features and functionality as related to authorization and transaction processing.
Issue resolution, complex problem solving and analytical work.
Communications management across broad constituencies – internal associates, management, and senior team if/when applicable and external across various levels of the client organization.
Define, document, and trend individual and team Key Performance Indicators ensuring alignment with Department MBOs and Operational Goals.
- Capacity planning, pipeline management, scheduling and resource management
- Productivity and quality tracking, both team and individual, to ensure optimal performance.
Constantly strive to increase productivity and efficiency by initiating process improvements and advocating for technology enablers.
Build operational bench strength by identifying at-risk knowledge/skill areas and developing & executing strategies to mitigate.
Budget management to corporate goals and operational scale.
Ensure compliance of the network and accepting merchants to all applicable WEX Specifications (e.g. Authorization, Sales, Site).
- Works with the business, partner and vendors to ensure quality and support through development, testing, pilot, and implementation phases.
- Ensures successful and complete implementation of new functionality for transaction authorization and processing.
- Partner with Sales, Product, Marketing, and other Operations Units to deploy new features and functionality in the merchant and network space (e.g. chip-enabled cards) and ensure adoption under appropriate timelines.
Responsible for the four core people management functions: Selection/Assessment; People Development; Performance Management; and Building Bench Strength/Succession Planning
Directly supervise a team of Information Systems Engineers, Software Test Technicians and/or similar positions.
Oversee and guide the development and delivery of training plans, programs and documentation.
Monitor and cultivate employee satisfaction and engagement.
Evaluate performance, conduct individual one-on-one meetings and staff meetings, provide feedback, create development plans, drive individual and team performance in line with employee scorecards and team metrics, productivity and quality standards/dashboards.
- Maintains the system for project participation and/or execution based upon available resources, project scope, priority, client and/or organizational impact.
- Responsible for engagement of resources into all applicable projects and/or company initiatives.
- Creation and presentation of business proposals for technology enablers or development to meet client needs.
Represent deep and broad technical knowledge in product development projects.
- Ensure that technical project plans and business readiness plans align.
- Work with technical architects, business process/systems analysts, project managers, product managers, sales and client support to integrate processes and solutions properly within the department.
Publish recurring updates to key stakeholders on project status, roadblocks, and outcomes. Ensure that the right people receive the right information at the right time to meet their needs and to achieve project objectives.
Escalate significant barriers or delays.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 3-5 years leadership and performance management experience
- Demonstrated project management capabilities
- Knowledge of process and productivity measurements; ability to create and monitor Key Performance Metrics
- Results driven, action orientated and self-motivated
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to be influential at all levels of the organization, leading stakeholders from various business units to agreement.
- Ability to leverage analytical abilities to guide decisions that mitigate risk and maximize growth and revenue opportunities.
- Experience with the identification and execution of process improvement initiatives, using process improvement methodologies.
- Excellent time management, prioritization skills, goals setting, planning and work scheduling skills.
- Solid technical writing abilities
- Understanding of with the full software development lifecycle, including functional & technical specification, development (including object and component based design), QA processes, source control, deployments, and maintenance.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Knowledge and experience within credit card processing and quality assurance
- Knowledge and experience with 8583 Card Payment Authorization specifications.
- Demonstrated experience with the creation, facilitation and monitoring of quality assurance test plans.
- Strong business writing and communication skills
- Experience managing contracts and projects
- Broad and deep knowledge of systems and business functions
- Programming experience or technical aptitude; familiarity with COBOL and Java a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top