System Integration Engineer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today! Great Place to Work Certified!
WEX is looking for an experienced System Integration Engineer to design and implement scalable business solutions, leveraging data integration and API transformation platforms and connected applications. In this role, you will be responsible for both solution design and execution across all of WEX's lines of business. You will work with stakeholders across the company to enable business capabilities, which align with WEX's growth strategy, using a combination of native and custom integration practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure & develop solutions within the Jitterbit platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals.
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development and operations, to ensure integration environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Provide system administration support of Jitterbit environment, especially related to customized application integrations, API transformations and staging databases.
- Interact directly with clients and end users to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and integrations.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to moderate and large cross-functional integration efforts.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify business opportunities and solve business problems.
- Responsible for providing high-level assessments of integration efforts.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to significant complexity.
- Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
- Responsible for producing project related artifacts governed by corporate SDLC and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
- Collaborates with team to identify improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum 4 year technical/information science degree.
- Minimum 5 years+ experience with designing and developing enterprise integrations solutions.
- Expertise with one or more API transformation platforms (Jitterbit, MuleSoft), regarding configuration and scripting.
- Knowledgeable of ETL, Data Warehouse and Data Modeling best practices.
- Expertise with SQL scripting and relational database concepts.
- Experience with variety of database systems (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQl, etc)
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with sales performance management platforms (CallidusCloud, Xactly), metrics and reporting.
- Experience in working with highly transactional, e-commerce, or finance related industry.
- Experience with Business Intelligence solutions.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top