The WEX Health Systems Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operations of the networked systems and applications providing Tier 2 support for all problems with hardware and software. Team member will review systems and applications to collect information about problems and perform diagnostic procedures to determine the source of error. This individual must be able to log and track calls using incident management software, maintain historical records and related problem documentation, and perform a triage on all incoming requests to ensure that tickets are routed to the appropriate group for resolution. Daily activities will be driven primarily by recurring system administration and responding to automated system alerts.
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly health and administrative duties.
- Pro-actively act on events reported by various monitoring tools.
- Perform initial troubleshooting and escalate internally and externally as required.
- Generate, review and track trouble tickets.
- Take ownership of customer incidents and resolve them per guidelines set
- Develop technical documentation and Trouble Shooting Guides for Operations personnel.
- Provide ongoing communication to both support and engineering staff during time of outage or service impact.
- Assist in the 24x7 On-Call Rotation
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
5-7+ years of experience supporting Windows operating systems in support of both Server and Desktop systems.
- 5-7+ years of virtualization experience with VMWare
- Knowledge of DNS, AD, DHCP, Sites and Services, and GPO
- Knowledge of SAN / Storage technologies
- Knowledge of Zenoss, Solarwinds, Pager Duty, vBlock, VCE, VNS, Cisco UCS
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot errors and determine their source (OS, hardware, software, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft 0365 Office Applications
- Possess a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to ascertain information and maintain dialogue with multiple teams as to the status of a particular issue
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated work in the Information Technology field
- Familiarity with the ITIL Service Delivery standard preferred.
Back to top