Sr. Project Manager - Enterprise Applications
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
The Sr. Project Manager - Enterprise Applications oversees the planning for, and the day-to-day execution of one or more large, or high complexity projects across WEX corporate technology and business functions.
The Sr. Project Manager - Enterprise Applications is responsible for utilizing the WEX Project Management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (iterative / agile) to plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects. They are responsible for team building, stakeholder management and for providing effective communications of project related status, risks and issues. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of business systems and processes.
Candidates will be responsible for actively supporting continuous process improvement, participating in project procurement, mentoring team members, identifying project management training needs, and teaching essential project management skills required for successful project planning and execution. Additional responsibilities include ensuring alignment and compliance to the corporate technology, information security, audit, and governance processes and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide delivery team(s) and organization on how to use Agile practices, including self-organization
- Partner closely with product owners and scrum teams to manage business product backlog, with emphasis on high value delivery
- Develop an overall project plan that defines how projects will be planned, monitored and controlled, within the WEX Project Management and SDLC methodologies.
- Develop and implement a project communications plan that defines the roles, responsibilities, types and periodicities of communications required; monitor the effectiveness of project communications
- Develop a plan to identify how project scope will be defined, managed, validated and how the scope baseline will be controlled.
- Develop the project risk management plan; identify and analyze risks; determine risk responses and monitor risks throughout the project, invoke risk mitigation plans, as necessary
- Direct the development of a work breakdown structure; define project deliverables and associated activities & dependencies; oversee the effort to estimate the work effort.
- Develop and manage project schedule baseline, including invoking contingency plans and the periodic reporting of progress against the plan
- Manage the development of cost estimates, project budget and cost baseline; provide ongoing management of the project's cost baseline.
- Plan human resource needs for project; acquire & develop multi-skilled business and IT team members; manage team performance, including celebrating successes.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressive experience delivering and managing IT business solutions
- 3 years of experience using the Agile software development methodology
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute & deliver complex projects or programs that span several business areas and include multiple sub-projects.
- Knowledge and/or experience with agile delivery techniques, including : User Stories, TDD, CI, Automated Testing, Sprint-based planning
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, including various areas of Informational Technology & the Business
- Demonstrated experience in procuring and managing hardware, software and/or contractor services
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency through implementation of technology
- Experience with large ERP and CRM implementations (e.g., PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS, Salesforce.com, Contact Center Technology, etc...)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency with PPM software and project scheduling tool (e.g., Microsoft Project)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Benefits include:
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Back to top