Sr. Operations Technician
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors Authorization, Online and Web Services applications; triages and escalates issues to Team Leader as appropriate; is able to swing Authorization to the Disaster Recovery site and when required
- Monitors infrastructure components (e.g., networks, servers, storage, databases) to ensure availability; triages and escalates issues to Team Leader as appropriate
- Monitors and executes batch schedules to ensure compliance with customer SLAs; triages and escalates issues to Team Leader as appropriate
- Opens, monitors, updates, escalates and closes incident tickets; documents all pertinent information in the ticket; ensures root cause of issues are captured wherever possible
- Performs all duties within the IT System Management framework (processes, standards, tools)
- Can work with limited/no supervision to fill in for Team Leader when required
- Trains new personnel on technical network/data center concepts, processes and procedures, SLA management and reporting and is familiar with all portions of incident management
- Can assist with Incident Management process in WEX for all of North America and Europe as well as other potential locations globally.
- Maintains awareness of upcoming changes, maintenance, etc. and will provide company level communications around events planned and unplanned
- Other assigned duties as required
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- AD/BS/BA (Engineering or Computer Science a plus) with 3 years Network or Data Center Operations experience
- Expert knowledge in IT System Management processes & tools; ITIL Certification a plus
- Expert knowledge of Network & Data Center Operations tools including, but not limited to, Scheduling, Monitoring, Scripting, Ticketing
- Excellent problem isolation, analysis and resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of ITIL process and supporting procedures.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Able to work with people in other countries and time zones (flexibility in work hours)
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Experience with BMC Control^M scheduler.
- Experience with FTP, SFTP, and TLS processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Linux systems.
- Knowledge of database technologies, SAN storage, and networks.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; acting as a vendor liaison, and working closely with engineering and management.
- Ability to solve problems quickly in order to get systems back online for customers; ability to perform root cause analysis and develop solutions to prevent problems from recurring.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top