Sr. HR Business Partner
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Great Place To Work-Certified.
The Sr. HR Business Partner works closely with SVP/management for assigned client group(s) in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resources, organizational and employee development at the business unit or division level. The HRBP provides strategic HR Generalist, project management, and M&A support to assigned client groups in the delivery of HR solutions (e.g., employee relations, leadership development, compensation analysis, organizational development, talent management) to achieve business results, high performance culture & positive work environment. The HRBP
consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. This role participates in company-wide programs and initiatives and assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
HR BUSINESS PARTNER SUPPORT
- Aligns strategically with business groups and proactively provides support to help drive achievement of business results.
- Develops, leverages and implements HR solutions to improve the utilization, performance, and retention of WEX's talent resources.
- Applies knowledge and experience of Business Partner fundamentals to lay a foundation by looking for opportunities to grow the team's success and presence both within HR and the business.
o Employee relations
o Comp analysis
oHR Policies and Procedures
- Under minimal supervision, manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts formal investigations and compliance reviews, disputes, and employee complaints/concerns
- Provides advice and guidance on effective management practices related to workforce relations and change management thorough objective investigations.
- Recommend actions appropriate for conflict resolution by providing performance management guidance to managers including coaching, counseling and resolution.
- Consults with management to provide expertise and guidance in facilitation, planning and execution and strategy development of employees to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Ensures consistent application/interpretation of employee relations, practices, and strategies
- Interpret applicable state and federal laws, regulatory requirements, and organizational policies, principles, practices and methodologies and ensures HR practices are in compliance.
- Assist with developing and delivering individual and/or group training presentations on a variety of employee relations and HR topics.
- Facilitates meetings/committees and leads projects, as needed.
- Maintain a pulse on the needs of the organization as it relates to business skills and transfer information to managers and HR COEs to ensure the organization has insight and analysis to develop effective talent solutions.
HR PROJECTS / M&A
- Perform project management duties involving HR and/or cross-functional teams focused on delivery of HR programs and processes that are effectively designed, developed, documented and deployed across the global enterprise.
- May lead M&A activities including due diligence, Day 1 Planning and Integration activities.
- Serves as liaison between HRBPs, SMEs, business clients and employees for assigned projects/M&A activities.
- Organizes project activities; ensures communication; facilitates completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- In partnership with HRBPs, develops integration and/or implementation strategies and detailed project plans that support the project and/or acquisition rationale, value drivers, and business objectives.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- 15 years of experience as human resources professional with at minimum 8 years as a HRBP
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated experience with HR Project Management and/or Operations methodology
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors and internal key stakeholders including Senior Management
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, partnering, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated attention to quality and strategic orientation to work
- Demonstrated flexibility and a customer-focused approach to work effectively and responsively within a fast changing environment
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and effectively to meet frequently changing business-driven timelines
- Must pass a successful background investigation
- International and/or M&A experience
- Advanced degree and/or HR certification
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS/reporting systems
- Experience with Compensation Analysis and structures
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top