Sr. Full Stack Engineer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
The Lead Full Stack Engineer will be the technical lead for the newly formed Research & Development function within the Corporate Technology division. You will experiment with new technology to determine its benefits and demonstrate how it can be exploited by our business. You will work independently and/or lead a small team using lean practices to build and deliver business capabilities in a rapid fashion. You know how to move very quickly without sacrificing engineering excellence. As an experienced technologist, you've mastered multiple technologies but are always looking for a better way to achieve results.
This position is a leadership position that will largely be responsible for the progress and success of the newly formed R&D function. You must be comfortable working with uncertainty but be able to narrow and focus on results. As a team leader, you must be successful in running a small team and making decisions quickly. As a leader within the enterprise, you must be able to evangelize technology to help peer groups achieve technology adoption.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Examine new technologies to understand what value they can bring to our business
• Partner with peer technologists to share learnings and provide hands-on assistance
• Act as a central focal point to harness innovation that is occurring within various teams, with the goal of acting as the catalyst to cross-pollinate knowledge, best practices, and successful outcomes
• Maintain an emerging technology scorecard that catalogues technologies being examined and their readiness for adoption
• For project or team-based assignments, perform the technical lead role by making decisions, facilitating tasks, and mentoring less experienced staff when required
• Some Production on-call responsibilities may be necessary
• Provide progress reports to management and other affected stakeholders
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
• BS in Computer Science
• 7+ years in job offered or Lead Software Engineer roll
- HTML, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap
• Ajax, JSON, REST, SOAP, XML
• Intermediate level Mobile experience (Cordova)
• Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
• SOA or Microservices based architectures
• oAuth, SAML, UAA, and/or JWT
• Postgres, Oracle, JDBC, SQL and NoSQL databases
• SCRUM or an equivalent agile methodology
• JIRA, Confluence, Git, Jenkins
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis
• RabbitMQ or an equivalent AMQP technology
• Ehcache or an equivalent caching technology
• Hibernate, JPA, or Spring JDBC
• Redis or an equivalent technology
• C# and .NET experience is a plus but not necessary
• Master's degree a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top