Sr. Financial Analyst
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
Sr. Financial Analyst, Portfolio Risk & Operations: Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Performs economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Sr. Financial Analyst will be integral to the Company's monthly, quarterly and annual forecast and budget processes, and has full responsibility for the preparation & analysis of the expenses for the Portfolio Risk and Operations function.
• This role will also collaborate with and work amongst a team that supports the high-growth business of Wex.
• This role will be responsible for complex and interpretive financial analysis as well as supporting M&A activities.
• The individual will work closely with peers within the finance organization, the Director, FPA& for PR&O, as well as the VP, Finance.
• Finally, this role contributes to the preparation of financial results for communication and guidance to Wall Street and statistical reporting of business trends.
• Ensure that all financial reports are issued timely and accurately
• Respond to requests for financial information from internal customers
• Partner with Corporate Accounting to analyze monthly results in order to ensure an accurate and timely close.
• Improve current reporting processes through automation or process changes.
• Directs preparation of budgets, reviews and budget proposals, and ensures the plan is consistent with expectations while keeping in mind the company's strategic objectives.
• Prepare budget presentation for Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
• Coordinate and produce a full monthly financial forecast and analysis report including matrix reporting for presentation to Senior Management
• Assist in analysis and preparation of financial information for quarterly earnings communications to the Board of Directors and investment community.
• Participate as a key thought leader of the global finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities, managing directly and indirectly - finance staff in multiple locations.
• Identify areas of financial risk and opportunities to the Company
• Maintaining an awareness of global economic trends that affect the company such as growth rates, interest rates, exchange rates and fuel prices.
• Support M&A activity with regards to due diligence and integration of new acquisitions
• Partner with accounting, treasury, tax as appropriate
• Other ad-hoc projects and analysis as necessary such as:
• Contribute to project teams from a financial standpoint for mergers and acquisitions.
• Periodic reports and analyses as required for the management team.
• Presentations and recommendations of internal issues/alternatives to the management team.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
• 4-8 years financial analysis experience, preferably at the corporate level of a publicly traded company.
• Advanced skills within the Microsoft products including excellent Excel and Access skills
• Out of the box thinking
• Proactive and able to work independently yet can also work in a team environment
• Ability to work and achieve deadlines
• Results oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• College degree, BS degree in Accounting or Finance
• Must complete a successful background investigation
• Masters and/or CPA highly preferred. Extensive industry experience acceptable as an alternative.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top