We're the Enterprise Architecture team at WEX. We are in the process of building a "Paved Road", or platform of services and applications that set the standard for processes and tooling for development teams across the company. From new internal product rollouts, to automation, to supporting development teams, we've got more work than we can handle and we're looking for great people to come along for the ride.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, and maintains a work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in the ownership of everything we do (check your ego at the door, and take pride in owning results!). We all are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments.
About The Role
It's a really exciting time to be in payments technology at WEX - our goal is to create a cloud-based payments ecosystem to allow WEX to be more nimble, faster to market, and open to emerging business opportunities. We are looking for team members that will be allies on our journey to embrace engineering best practices and agile culture including CI/CD, multi-cloud (AWS and Azure), comprehensive automation testing, event-driven microservices, and world-class security.
You will help build out a microservices platform so that it is using the latest and greatest techniques and best practices. This covers everything from requirements gathering and development to deployment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the team to provide high-level assessments of development efforts as well as document and breakdown those efforts
- Collaborates with the team to identify improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Responsible for executing against a detailed development schedule
- Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects
- Responsible for production support by remediating critical production issues.
- Responsible for producing project-related artifacts and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
- Supporting mentoring new staff
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years+ of experience with Python
- Experience building microservices
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technologies
- Experience with REST or GraphQL microservices, performance profiling, and tuning tools
- Minimum 5 years+ experience with Linux/Unix
- Strong skills in writing high-performance, efficient, maintainable software
- Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- SQL Skills
- Ability to accurately estimate future and remaining work effort
- Skills in writing technical and design documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with Golang or equivalent languages
- Experience with React framework or equivalent
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience in working with highly transactional, e-commerce, or finance-related industry
- Experience writing and receiving code reviews
Salary Pay Range: $87,000.00 - $116,000.00