Software Engineer - IFCS
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Software Development Engineer (Java) is part of a small development team responsible for developing and supporting core Java applications.
- Produce program requirements, specifications and design documents. Develop code.
- Develop and enhance product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with client objectives.
- Perform systems programming tasks.
- Ensure that development tasks are completed within timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects.
- Produce and execute program unit test plans.
- Ensure all work produced is conducted in accordance with the published development methodology.
- Under guidance of Team Leader, ensure that solutions being developed are effective and take into consideration performance implications for a production environment. Modify programs as necessary.
- Conduct code and design reviews for development initiatives.
- Identify problems of deficiencies in products or the quality management system.
Teamwork and communication
- Maintain awareness to personal and team health and safety issues, ensuring all OSH procedures are followed.
- When needed, support other team members by helping with their work activities to ensure agreed time lines are met.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Contribute positively to the work and welfare of the team.
- Attend necessary internal/client meetings to build good working relationships.
- Assist with training and induction of new staff as required.
Personal and professional development
- Actively increase knowledge of IFCS and Java applications.
- Adhere to all administration requirements e.g. timesheet input, within timelines given.
- Take ownership for own career development and participate fully in formal appraisals and review processes.
- Perform such other duties as reasonably directed by Management
Education & Experience
- Bachelors/Master's degree (preferably Computer Science or Information Systems) or software development/programming certifications, is highly desirable.
- 3 years of Java software development experience using J2EE, JEE, JSF, JBoss, XML. JDBC, SQL, Jasper Reports, Swing
- Experience using Version Control (Subversion) and bug tracking systems
- Oracle 11G or other relational databases experience
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Must be team-oriented and comfortable working as part of a small team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of efficiency and professionalism when communicating with colleagues, internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and communicate complex technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to solve moderate to complex application problems independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize work and work in an organized and systematic manner.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top