Software Engineer (Apps) 3
EFS a WEX company is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs. We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
Software Engineer (Apps) 3
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development solutions and application features that are encompassed by the business general project space.
• Support and develop solutions for production issues related to back-end applications and systematic processes to ensure: integrity, performance, security, business continuity
• Work from a broad description base provided by end users to drill down to underlying core issues. To properly understand some of the issues experienced, end users and customers may need to be directly interfaced.
• Document issues addressed and procedures required to provide solutions.
• Perform unit and functional integration testing of all coded solutions and additionally support the QA team in testing the functionality
• Possess and demonstrate strong and upfront communication skills and a customer centric focus.
Minimum required qualifications for consideration:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivation/staying on task
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in:
- Back-end development
- C programming
- Linux, Windows
- Perl, Bash Shell
- Process automation
- Database Interfacing/SQL -- Informix, Oracle, MySQL
- GIT version control
- Continuous integration practices/toolsets
- End-to-end development experience (required)
- SDLC standards
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- UI integration experience
- Java/JBoss experience
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- D ental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition -- WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short and Long-term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top