Software Engineer 2-Unix
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs. We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Software Development Engineer plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing technical expertise to support production applications, application enhancements and defect fixes for a complex distributed technology platform.
- Responsible for performing system and data analysis.
- Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
- Collaborates with team to research improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Responsible for engaging with development staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
- Responsible for creating/updating production support documentation work efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Minimum 4 year technical/information science degree or applicable work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with technology
- Expertise with job scheduling software and best practices
- Working knowledge of Unix, SQR, SQL and reading through log files
- Working knowledge of unit testing and debugging principles and practices
- Willingness to be challenged and learn new skills, tools, and technologies
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 Support role
- Experience in working with highly transactional, e-commerce, or finance related industry
- Experience with issue/project tracking software such as ServiceNow
- Experience with source code control integration, such as GIT or Subversion
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Bonus Plan
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top