Software Development Engineer - Mobile Development
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
We're the mobile and web development charter organization at WEX. As a Software Developer, you will be joining the Mobile Development team and focus specifically on our mobile apps. We use the Kanban agile process framework and the embedded DevOps model. Our highly autonomous team controls the full Software life cycle from development, to release, to maintenance and operations.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, yet maintains a healthy work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in the ownership of everything we do (check your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results!). We all are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments. We also enjoy hanging out and eating together.
About the role
- You will be involved in the development and support of mobile applications using a variety of technologies and services to provide our customers with the best mobile experience possible.
- You will leverage the latest technology to improve the quality, stability and increase performance of our apps.
- Experience with iOS development using Swift , and/or
- Experience with Android development using Kotlin, and/or
- Experience with Xamarin Native using C#
- Experience with package managers and build tools such as Fastlane, Xcode, CocoaPods, and/or NuGet
- Experience with Gradle or Maven build systems a plus
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins a plus
- Experience working on an Agile team, using a tracking tool such as JIRA a plus
- Web service development with Java, experience specifically with RESTful API and Spring framework a plus
- Experience with Database, SQL, and Java Persistence API (JPA) a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
Dependent Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Award Program
Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
Extended Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top