Software Development Engineer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs. We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Software Development Engineer: Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to moderate and large cross functional development efforts.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify business opportunities and solve business problems.
- Responsible for providing high level assessments of development efforts.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to significant complexity.
- Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
- Responsible for monitoring the efforts of more junior developer and contracted staff.
- Responsible for producing project related artifacts governed by corporate SDLC and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
- Collaborates with team to identify improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
- Responsible for training and mentoring more junior or new staff.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Bonus Plan
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Experience with Java, Spring framework, an IDE tool (such as IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse) and an automated unit testing framework such as JUnit is required.
- Experience with SOAP web services development and object oriented design is required.
- Working knowledge of web site vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies is highly desirable.
- Experience with JSP, Spring WebFlow, Tiles, and unit testing mocking framework such as Mockito a plus.
- Ability to communicate problems & solutions clearly to teammates and users.
- Works on complex projects or assignments which require a solid knowledge of the organization's technologies and practices.
- Requires significant technical ability with a high level of accountability.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Minimal day-to-day guidance.
- Must be comfortable working in a self-directed manner.
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top