Software Development Engineer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
Who Are We?
We're the Transact Global (TAG) team at WEX.
WEX is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and unparalleled client service.
TAG is an open loop payment processing platform built from the ground up by a small, agile team. It is cloud-native and built primarily with Go, Mongo, and Terraform. The TAG team is pushing the frontiers of payments technology and is in the process of operationalizing and scaling the product.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, and maintains work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride of ownership in everything we do.
We need help!
Changing the world isn't easy, and we have a lot of work ahead of us. From new product features, to automation, to supporting microservices, we've got more work than we can handle and we're looking for great people to come along for the ride.
Who are you?
• A highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
• Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with your team and stakeholders.
• Someone who cares deeply for team results, checks your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results.
• A professional who can advocate for positions and still be 100% behind team decisions even if they don't go your way
• Are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments
• absolutely love to write code
• thrive on learning new technology and working with multiple tech stacks
• are excited to work on front-end web code, back end services, data stores, and infrastructure systems
• are a solid coder/designer
• have experience writing modern software deployed in the cloud
• are comfortable with encryption schemes, modern APIs, and front-end frameworks
• have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively
At a minimum, you
• Have a BS in an engineering field OR can make us feel intensely confident that you don't need one
• Have 2+ years of development experience
• Have 1+ years of experience developing internal/external web services
• A demonstrable working understanding of at least one modern web framework
• A demonstrable working understanding of NoSQL datastores
It would be nice if you
• Can show us one or more passion projects or open-source work you have contributed to in your own time
• Have experience with GoLang, Mongo, Terraform, and AWS
• Have demonstrable experience with systems engineering and automation
• Enjoy eating and hanging out with your team
If you are interested in this opportunity, feel free to apply or send your resume directly to email@example.com
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
Aldon C.Implementation Manager
Aldon interacts directly with new corporations who want to do business with WEX, traveling on-site to learn how WEX can best partner with them and set them up for success.
Back to top