Software Development Engineer 2 - Mobile
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
The Software Development Engineer plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing, enhancing, and improving batch job framework for a complex distributed technology platform.
• Responsible for providing high level assessments of related work efforts.
• Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to high complexity.
• Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
• Responsible for contributing to project related artifacts governed by corporate SDLC and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
• Collaborates with team to research improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
• Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
• Responsible for creating/updating system documentation related of related work efforts.
Team charter is mobile and web development; the primary focus for this position will be as a mobile developer .
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration :
* Experience with native iOS or Android application development
* Experience with cross-platform mobile development with the Xamarin framework
* Experience with C# and an interest in mobile application development
* Experience with web services / REST APIs
* Experience with Database, SQL, and Java Persistence API (JPA) a plus
* Experience developing with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
* Enjoy working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
* A desire to produce high-quality software that is testable, peer-reviewed, and documented.
* Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins/TeamCity a plus.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a member of the Core Processing Team, Leela works alongside fellow engineers to ensure that the back-end systems supporting all of WEX’s credit card transactions are functionally optimized.
Back to top