Software Development Engineer 2
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
The Software Development Engineer plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and maintenance of the WexGen platform.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to moderate and large cross functional development efforts.
- Assists in daily scrum activities/ceremonies
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify business opportunities and solve business problems.
- Responsible for providing high level assessments of development efforts.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to significant complexity.
- Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
- Responsible for producing project related artifacts governed by corporate SDLC and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
- Collaborates with team to identify improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum 4 year technical/information science degree or applicable work experience
- Minimum 3 years+ experience with technologyStrong development background with expertise in Object Oriented Design
- Experience with C# or Java
- Understanding of the SOLID principles
- Experience with some of the AWS Cloud Service offerings
- Experience with CI/CD and collaboration tools such as Jira, Bamboo, GIT/Bitbucket desired
- Knowledge in Agile practices desired
• Experience in working with highly transactional, e-commerce, or finance related industry
• Experience with issue/project tracking software such as Jira
• Experience with source code control integration, such as GIT or Subversion
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Bonus Plan
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Award Program
• Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
• Extended Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance/AD&D
• On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off(PTO)
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Back to top