WEX Health is seeking a Senior Regulatory Compliance Analyst with a high attention to detail, to join the global Risk and Compliance organization. The successful candidate will support a wide range of compliance program initiatives across WEX Health, including their planning and implementation, with a particular focus on privacy, nonbank custodian governance, supporting third party audits, service team initiatives, and maturation of the function. Initial areas of focus will include privacy program management, nonbank custodian governance, facilitating partner audits, responding to targeted questions related to compliance with applicable laws (including HIPAA, Code Sections 125, 129, 213(d), and 223, and COBRA), building compliance frameworks for new products and initiatives, and general compliance function support.
Ideally this role will be located in Portland, Maine at our Corporate Headquarters, or in Fargo, North Dakota, however, this role is open to Remote or Hybrid options.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the WEX Health privacy program and nonbank custodian governance.
- Provide support for third party audit programs, including working with internal teams to ensure timely, complete, and accurate responses to auditor requests.
- Provide support for compliance framework for new and existing products and sectors.
- Assist in the communication of new and changing regulations to internal teams to allow for the incorporation of any changes into the daily processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal operations, partner and client facing teams, legal, and other teams on process changes or additional training.
- Assist in providing proactive and timely responses to state and federal agency requests.
- Assist in review of compliance-related content included in employee training and education.
- Support implementation of new products and corporate compliance initiatives.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent and upcoming changes.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in Compliance, Legal, or a related position.
- Strong background in industry and regulations affecting all lines of business, products, and services offered through WEX Health, including U.S. privacy law, health and welfare benefit plans, health savings accounts (HSAs), COBRA, HIPAA, and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Background in banking, state continuation of coverage laws, Medicare Advantage plans, and federal acquisition regulations (FARs) preferred.
- Experience working on compliance frameworks and process improvement and the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work independently, yet still be team-oriented.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write clear and concise communications for employees at all levels.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to apply strong problem solving skills and excellent judgment to make reasoned recommendations and develop practical, business-oriented solutions.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships that foster open communications and to act as a resource on compliance and risk issues.
- Ability to write policies, procedures, reports, business presentations, and operating guidelines.
- Reputation for, and absolute commitment to, integrity and professionalism.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to maintain a high level of technical expertise and keep abreast of key compliance and company developments.
Salary Pay Range: $89,500.00 - $119,000.00