Senior Oracle Database Administrator
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The SR Oracle Database Administrator will: Design, build, implement, support and operationalize WEX global business critical database systems. Work with cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into information technology solutions. Lead and assist a team of peers to build robust, reliable and effective database management solutions for all lines of business. Provide technical direction and database expertise for complex data repository challenges. Build and maintain documentation, internal technical white papers, IT proposals, and vendor requests for information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Leadership
1) Provide technical leadership in analysis, design, building, testing, implementation & support of technologies within the assigned workspace
2) Develop and implement processes, procedures and standards that contribute to quality and scale
3) Provide technology life cycle management in accordance with company policies
4) Contribute to the creation and execution on technical plans for M&A integrations
- Technology Execution
1) Plan, design, build, test and support technology components
2) Develop and implement plans to transition technology components to IT Operations
3) Ensure security and audit compliance
4) Ensure both external and internal service levels can be met
5) Participate in pre-scheduled 24x7x365 system on-call support
1) Partner with Enterprise Architecture in identifying and evaluating new technologies to support business requirements
2) Partner with other IT Organizations to ensure technology is being leveraged to its fullest extent in support of the business
3) Partner with external vendors and service providers to learn about offerings that can enhance functionality and scale
OPEN TO CANDIDATES WHO CAN WORK REMOTE IN NORTH AMERICA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Requires strong technical expertise in multiple areas
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment, problem solving skills, and effective human relations skills to work cross functionally across the Enterprise with staff and all levels of management in various disciplines
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to function in a complex environment thru multi-tasking and establishing and communicating priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management and outsourced service provider.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills; must work effectively with application developers, QA, and Data Architects.
- Strong Linux shell scripting skills
- Strong relational database analysis and design skills; ability to translate business requirements into designs that perform appropriately.
- Strong knowledge of SQL; ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of backup/recovery technologies; ability to specify requirements to the Provider and ensure the requirements are met.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle technologies including but not limited to RAC, GoldenGate, RMAN, Standby, SQL Plans, high availability architectures and AWR reporting and analysis.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server.
- Ability to apply DBMS features/functions to solve a business problem.
- Strong knowledge of DBMS replication capabilities between geographically dispersed environments
- Post graduate course work in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top