Senior Manager, Global Sourcing & Procurement
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
Senior Manager, Global Sourcing and Procurement
WEX Inc. is dynamic company and is in the process of expanding its payment processing business globally and modernizing our supply management organization, processes and tools.
We desire equally dynamic sourcing and procurement business partners with a proven track record to help us build & scale WEX's sourcing and procurement strategy and grow profitably.
The candidate is expected to be a key member of the Global Finance/Operations team and is primarily responsible for supply management transformation by leading the supply management strategy development and execution,
identifying and working with the WEX team to implement supply management leading practices including category management, portfolio planning, supplier relationship management, technology and tools, implementing lean practices, and program governance.
Scope includes all spend categories.
Achieve year-over-year leading practice increase in:
- Total cost of ownership savings
- Spend under management
- Spend visibility
- Consolidation of vendors
- Savings per supply management FTEs
We expect this candidate to integrate quickly with functional leaders and counterparts to enable WEX to grow rapidly and profitability.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is looking for a strategic career move that will allow them to grow and improve in their field and delivery high impact change at WEX.
The Sr. Manager Global Sourcing and Procurement will have the rare opportunity to build a team, expand the function globally, increase spend under management and implement all new tools and processes in a $1B,
fast growing Financial Technology company.
A successful candidate will be a disciplined risk taker that proactively enables WEX's growth and identifies and implements best-in-class process improvements and systems geared towards
improving transparency and driving cost saving opportunities and improved vendor performance.
The Candidate must:
- Excel at both high level strategy and detailed execution.
- Possess a proven ability to inspire and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Drive change and scale leveraging best-in-class training, processes, and systems.
Candidate is expected to complete the following goals within the first 6-18 months.
- Be a key thought leader for driving growth and cost reduction and improved vendor performance.
o Influencing decision making, identifying and communicating priorities, and executing on key growth and cost reduction initiatives.
- Directly enable WEX's growth strategy with leading sourcing strategies.
o Develop and execute global sourcing strategy for key spend categories in collaboration with Functional owners within 6 mos.
- Overhaul key sourcing and procurement processes to drive spend under management and effective business partnerships.
o Standardize global processes & software tools with leading solutions including: Spend Analytics, Procure to Pay, Contract Lifecycle Mgmt. within 6-9 mos.
o Increase spend under management to include all WEX entities and 85% of the global spend.
Continue the transformation of a Global Sourcing and Procurement Organization.
- Deliver Growth by sourcing best in class partners/vendor and cost reduction through professional but aggressive negotiation and contracting.
o Candidate will be directly responsible for top tier vendor relationships that are critical to WEX growth strategy.
o Candidate will lead a team expected to deliver 5-7% annualized cost reduction
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BS/BA degree in relevant area such as supply chain, business or STEM required.
- MBA and other relevant degree /certification (e.g., ISM CPSM) highly desirable.
- 7 years of relevant procurement experience demonstrating success in positions of increasing complexity.
- Experience in a Global Company focusing on Technology, Payments Technology or Software Development is desirable.
- Six sigma or lean training / certification highly desirable
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top