Senior Manager, Cash Applications
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career - come be part of WEX today!
Manages the Cash Applications team. Through the use of controls, both systematic and manual, this team manages the flow of cash into WEX Inc and subsidiaries. Keen attention to detail and targeted statistical monitoring required to ensure group activities are efficient, timely, accurate and in compliance with financial policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Responsible for providing leadership, direction, development and cross-training a team to ensure processing, reconciliation and reporting are completed in a timely and accurate manner. This includes the following high volume transaction functions:
Accounts Receivable - The Accounts Receivable Team processes all payments received from fleet customers. This includes management of exceptions from lockbox processing and all Accounts Receivable adjustments.
Treasury Operations - Treasury Operations work closely with the Treasury group to coordinate lockbox activity, resolve files issues with the various banks, both incoming and outgoing, and represent operations on bank or Treasury initiatives.
- Ensure that payments received from customers are applied accurately and timely to receivable accounts. Work closely with collections, customer service and/or other internal stakeholders to ensure that issues with customer postings or misapplied cash are resolved in a timely manner with no customer disruption.
- Oversee daily, monthly, quarterly and annual close processes and reporting. This includes adhering to the close schedule for AR.
- Manage coordination with WEX Bank and the WEX accounting team, including interface with the general ledger and daily cash/accounts receivable journal entries
- Design, streamline and execute processes and procedures that incorporate controls to mitigate financial risk while emphasizing efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of transactions.
- Identify process improvement and automation opportunities and work with respective functions to implement suggestions.
- Respond to requests for financial information from internal and external customers. This includes requests from internal and external auditors. Research and respond to issues with internal and external groups pertaining to payments to WEX Inc and its subsidiaries.
- Projects include on-boarding and integration of subsidiaries and new acquisitions
- Act as primary point of contact for lockbox maintenance and problem resolution and as the expert advisor on treasury products and tools, analysis and other depository products
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Must pass a successful background investigation
- Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting or related area
- Experience with advanced accounts receivable reconciliations
- Applicant must have in-depth understanding of a wide range of cash management and Treasury products and technologies
- Experience in customer communications with proven ability to communicate both verbally and in written form with professionalism and positive attitude.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable processes and systems in a high transaction volume environment.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to lead meetings effectively and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, including the ability to prioritize & delegate as necessary
- Proven ability to work with and motivate a team while leveraging individual talent
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
· 401(k) Plan
· Adoption Assistance
· Bonus Plan
· Dental Insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Referral Award Program
· Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
· Extended Parental Leave
· Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
· Health Insurance
· Life Insurance/AD&D
· On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
· Pet Insurance
· Paid Time Off(PTO)
· Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
· Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
Aldon C.Implementation Manager
Aldon interacts directly with new corporations who want to do business with WEX, traveling on-site to learn how WEX can best partner with them and set them up for success.
Back to top