Senior DevOps Engineer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
We are looking for a future-centric Senior DevOps Engineer who will play a vital role to scale our DevOps practice across the enterprise. The candidate will provide strategic thought leadership to the organization, define and implement our processes, evaluate and implement tools, and partner with the engineering teams to implement full-scale automation. This dynamic candidate will guide teams to build a clean, scalable and reliable build and orchestration toolchain. He/she will work closely with Software Engineering and IT Ops to help set the technical direction while ensuring we meet Production Management requirements. This position will be responsible for improving the reliability and consistency of technology implementation via the removal of manual process and the conversion to repeatable processes via automation engineering.
- Research and implement new technology to achieve efficiency
- Lead by example to help drive the DevOps culture
- Provide hands-on experience with respective tools and technologies to peer groups
- Work to help migrate legacy systems to the cloud
- Work as an individual contributor, ensuring to partner with peer DevOps and IT Ops staff
The incumbent will be passionate about automation engineering and the respective tools that deliver the promise. He/she must have the hunger and drive for continuous improvement and engineering quality and reliability. He/she must be comfortable partnering with peer groups to harvest innovative practices and cross-pollinate them across the enterprise in a sustained manner. This position will have extensive knowledge of best in class automation engineering approaches and technologies, applying them wherever a need emerges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and building effective solutions and service portals to support a rapidly growing business
- Developing and implementing automation tools and solutions to maintain a high volume, highly available environment
- Championing best practices for building scalable, reliable services
- Vigilantly monitor and improve the performance of platform components
- Developing a monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Oversee change management and configuration management operating mechanisms
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools, and processes enterprise-wide processes enterprise-wide
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- BS in Computer Science or a closely-related related field
- 5 years in job offered or Software Engineer role
- Deep experience with DevOps tools/frameworks
- Atlassian: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS experience including implementation, automation, consuming services, EC2 and VPC integration
- Maven, Nexus, AWS ECR
- Automated deployment framework (e.g. Spinnaker, uDeploy)
- Linux operating system administration
- Container technologies including Docker
- Hands-on experience with Splunk, AppDynamics, or ELK
- Strong scripting skills (Perl, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Production Operations experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Master's degree a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top