Senior Configuration Manager
With a great product andawesome people, it is no surprise why WEX Health is such a fast growingcompany. That's why we're always on the look-out for new, talented people tohelp us achieve our goal - to simplify the business of Health Care. SimplifyingHealth Care? Sounds challenging and exciting, right?
Senior Configuration Manager
The Senior Configuration Manager is responsible for managing thepackaging and deployment of system components supporting WEX Health's softwareas a service environment. This includes source control, building management, softwareconfigurations, software versions, deployment versions, deployment scripts, andproject documentation. The Senior ConfigurationManager must ensure all identified configuration items for a given applicationare versioned, built and handed off to each environment in the life cycle via acontrolled, centralized process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with development teams to build, package, and deploy system components. This may include scheduling, executing, and documenting software build processes. Includes compiling software with standard software development tools, packaging builds for release, ensuring appropriate project documentation is available for each new build or release, and supporting a continuous integration environment.
- Manages deployment builds for multiple software releases
- Assists with diagnosing and debugging installation and configuration/build failures
- Identifies and implements processes to strengthen, streamline and automate build processes
- Manages application deployments to multiple environments in an effective and efficient manner
- Sets up and maintains system and application environments; Implement custom solutions for software repository and application lifecycle management tools
- Identify CM issues in assigned projects during the lifecycle of the project. Plans and executes the resolution of those issues
- Maintains a repository of configuration items for projects and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Provides effort for ongoing support and maintenance of existing tools and applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience in configuration management
- 5 years of experience in configuration management for software development
- Experience in building and deploying applications
- Experience with isolating build/deployment issues versus code issue
- Source code branching and merging strategy
- 5 years source control tool experience (e.g. TFS, Subversion, Visual Studio)
- Ability to communicate with various team members at all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle such as Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Support Staff, Internal Infrastructure team, and occasionally external customers
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Experience working with Windows OS, SQL Server, and infrastructure environment
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complex challenges independently and collaboratively with team members
- Experience with enterprise defect tracking system
- Possess excellent communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while being highly motivated and resourceful
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of deployments
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor
WEX Health offers a SAAS Based Health Care Payment Solution to Banks, Health Carriers, Third Party Administrators and Payroll Vendors. We are located in Fargo, Minneapolis, Omaha, St. Louis and Hartford, CT and growing by about 30% per year.
- Competitive Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Awesome PTO and VTO Time Off.
- Outstanding Match on company 401k
- Breathtaking Tuition Reimbursement
- New Innovative Benefits such as:
- Parental Leave Policy
- Company Sabbatical at 5-year mark
- Wellness reimbursement
- Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Disabilities
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top