WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Scrum Master is the primary lead overseeing the coordination, scheduling, and product release flow for the Agile teams focused on the Virtual (Synchro) product line.
The Scrum Master serves as a facilitator for both the Product Owner and the team. The Scrum Master will guide the product delivery development team through the software development life cycle process. As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for assisting with the facilitation of multiple product development and/or business oriented initiatives from beginning to end. You will implement Agile project management practices, procedures and methods to drive these projects, while ensuring compliance with the appropriate policies and regulations at all times. You will also make recommendations for continuous improvement in Agile Scrum and/or Kanban driven Agile project management practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Scrum Master will be required to collaborate with the broader team including Product owners, Global Project Managers and DevOps. This role will work with multiple development partners to build scalable software and module development lifecycle processes.
- Hold the program team accountable for their backlog items and proactively collect updates from them.
- Leader – Garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get hands dirty to get the job done
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Create & report Agile visualizations and metrics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong presentation skills, verbal and material creation at the program level
- Ability to create and track key program level milestones
- Scrum Master Certification
- Fluent in Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Excellent communication, problem solving and influencing skills
- Articulate, succinct, and direct - Knowledge of how to work amongst leaders and hold them accountable.
- Structured and action oriented.
- Clear and concise spoken English.
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent experience
- At least 3 Years of Agile experience
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top