QA Test Lead
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs. We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The QA Test Lead: Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages,
systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test resource management in Daptiv for various releases.
- Participate in BRD meetings to validate the accuracy of requirements.
- Defect Management for various planned and unplanned releases.
- Drives direction for the debugging of software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Provides direction and hands on support for the development, modification and execution of software test plans.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Oversees documentation of test results to assist in the debugging and modification of software.
- Consults with development engineers in the resolution of problems.
- Provides direction on complex projects.
- Responsible for: get to automation testing.
- Oversees environmental "smoke testing".
- Maintain and execute test cases.
- Demonstrate expertise of building consensus across diverse business groups and leaders.
- Maintain Project Schedules and Timelines wrt STLC.
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Create and maintain test strategy / plans.
- Develop / Monitor & Report daily test execution plans.
- Drive & triage defects.
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, business requirements and apply information to the testing process.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Tests with the Business Readiness Team.
- Maintain QA environment and swim lanes.
- Develop test plans to ensure success for releases on all complex projects.
- Transform the testing team to adopt tools / agile ways of working & enabling collection of quality metrics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- MS with 5 years, BS/BA with 8 years' experience, Master's degree a plus
- A Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus.
- Combination of related experience and education will be considered
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Post graduate in Computer Sciences or Business Administration a plus
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies from project definition to post-deployment documentation
- HP QC, UFT, Performance Center, Jira, Toad.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top