Principal Infrastructure Engineer
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Principal Infrastructure Engineer will: Analyze all aspects of data processing for WEX global businesses. Create peer review, business and management proposals for infrastructure improvements. Work with cross-functional engineers, architects and operational staff to deliver robust, reliable and effective information system solutions. Provide data processing solutions to complex business requirements leveraging on-premise, as well as, off-premise and third party alternatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Leadership
1) Provide technical leadership in analysis, design, building, testing, implementation & support of new and existing technologies within the assigned workspace
2) Develop processes, procedures and standards that contribute to quality and scale
3) Provide technology life cycle management in accordance with company policies
4) Contribute to the creation and execution on technical plans for M&A integrations
- Technology Execution
1) Plan, design, build, test and support new and existing technology components
2) Ensure security and audit compliance
3) Ensure both external and internal service levels can be met
4) Participate in pre-scheduled 24x7x365 system on-call support
1) Partner with Enterprise Architecture in identifying and evaluating new technologies to support business requirements
2) Partner with other IT Organizations to ensure technology is being leveraged to its fullest extent in support of the business
3) Partner with external vendors and service providers to learn about offerings that can enhance functionality and scale
OPEN TO CANDIDATES WHO CAN WORK REMOTE IN NORTH AMERICA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Requires strong technical expertise in multiple areas
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment, problem solving skills, and effective human relations skills to work cross functionally across the Enterprise with staff and all levels of management in various disciplines
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to function in a complex environment thru multi-tasking and establishing and communicating priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management and outsourced service provider.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills; must work effectively with application developers, QA, and Data Architects.
- Ability to provide unconventional solutions to new and existing data processing challenges.
- Strong information system design skills; ability to translate business requirements into designs that perform appropriately.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Subject Matter Expert in technologies from Oracle, Microsoft, Open Source, Amazon, Google and others.
- Post graduate course work in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Meet Some of WEX's Employees
As a senior recruiter supporting the IT and Sales Departments, Julia spends her days sourcing candidates, reaching out to great potentials, and coordinating with her fellow recruiters to attend off-site events.
Back to top